= xıs ʇɹɐd =

summary: Jean, Connie and Sasha find their long time friend while Levi and myself finally find what we've been searching for, our hard work has payed off

Warnings: Cursing, angst and fluff

Word count: 1002

⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢

"Give me a boost" I ordered Jean. he placed his knee down so I could stand on it, I climbed up finally able to crawl through the hole. I barley fit through but I kept going and going and going. my breathing got labored as I continued to push my way through.

when I reached the bottom and stood up I screamed at the top of my lungs, there was a body placed above a table, clearly dead, but not rotting but that wasn't what scared me though, on the other side of the room stood a tall man with blonde hair and blue eyes, he was filthy and disheveled, he looked up a me startled as well.

"(y/n)!" Levi yelled as he made his way down and rolled out the bottom but steadied himself he looked around then at me, he was just as alarmed as I was, he grabbed me and pushed me behind him protectively. by now Sasha had reached the bottom as well and her eyes widened.

"La taupe..?" Sasha asked, walking towards him. he turned to look at her with emotionless, dead eyes. "you shouldn't be down here" He mumbled, his voice sounded rusty, as if he hadn't spoke for a long time.

Connie and Jean reached her side with wide eyes also. "why are you down here La taupe? how did you get down here" Jean asked in disbelief. "you shouldn't be here, go back" he mumbled again, turning away

"that's him?" Mikasa questioned, standing next to me. "I guess so" I answered but my attention was now on the corpse, clearly serval centuries old but perfectly preserved. "h-how is he not rotting?" Eren stammered fearfully.

"I don't know" I replied slowly. eventually Jean, Connie and Sasha turned towards us, looking at the body as well "is he dead?" jean questioned. "yeah for seven hundred years" Armin answered, wide eyed. Jean looked at us dumfounded. "Creepy" Connie said, shivering.

at the other side of the room there was a hole on the floor filled with water, making our voices echo around the room. "There's more. "Visit the interior parts of the earth." He's saying to go deeper." I said, looking around the room

"We're kind of interior already, don't you think?" Connie replied, looking at the body, still in shock. I continued to search the room and noticed something in the water. I turned my flashlight off and looked closer.

"turn off your flashlights everyone!" I called. "with a dead body in here? no way" Eren scoffed. "Just do it!" I yelled with frustration. they all did it but Eren had the hardest time submitting to darkness.

But as Eren clicked his flashlight off, submerging the group in total darkness, they all saw what I had saw, traces of light deep in the water.

"Where's that light coming from if that's a wall?" I asked more rhetorically. Levi turned his flashlight on, jumped into the water beside me and started pushing against the wall. I dropped down into the water.

I could see the stone wall in front of me and began pushing them down but I soon had to rise up for air. "there's a loose stone, someone help me" I panted, short of breath, Levi looked at me and nodded

we both sunk back into the water and pulled against a large rock until finally dislodging it, revealing more light. I raised above the water just long enough to catch my breath and took my back pack off

I then dived back down into the murky water and pushed my way through the entrance, I could hear everyone distortedly yelling after me but I continued. I was now swimming into a brighter light. I raised on the other side gasping while pulling myself up.

As I stood up, the air was sucked out my lungs, I couldn't believe it, this is the place we've been searching for. we found it

There were lit torches on the walls. Gold all around them. The floors, walls and ceiling were lined in alchemical symbols and ancient Egyptian symbology. it was eerie and magical at the same time. I laughed, still not believing my eyes.

I was ripped from my thoughts as Levi raised up out the water, he looked up and saw what I was seeing. "oh my god" he said barley above a whisper. "yeah" I spoke getting chocked up

he got out the water and hugged me, pulling me into his chest. then Eren, Armin and Mikasa raised out the water one by one, they were absolutely stunned. lost for words as they climbed out. soon followed by Jean, Connie and Sasha.

"okay I'm quitting my job" Connie said with a grin, the three of them began to pick up coins and put them in their back pack. I glanced up to see that La Taupe standing in the corner of the room, completely dry with his dead eyes on me, I felt a shiver run down my spine as I closed my eyes and buried my face into Levi's chest

"How are these torches still lit?" Mikasa asked confused. drawing my attention to her "The Philosopher's Stone can fuel a lamp for eternity." Levi answered pulling away from me

I felt cold, craving for his warm touch again but there were bigger things to deal with right now "so.. where is it? the stone..?" Armin interrupted.

"The brightest light in darkest day." I mumbled. "the sun" said Levi