= ɹnoɟ ʇɹɐd =

Summary: after a near death experience (y/n) and Levi snap and Jeans carelessness.

Warnings: cursing and angst

Word count: 1003

⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢

the next morning

I woke up to the sensation of something nibbling on my leg causing me to jolt up, scramble away and scream. I reached for the closest flashlight and turned it on, as did everyone else, it was a rat. I backed up into the wall breathing deeply "(y/n) its okay" Armin said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

Jean laughed as he began to back up his things, I glared at him. "asshole" I mumbled, packing my stuff as well.

-

after a few hours of walking we came to a stop in front of a corridor full of bones, Jean looked at me with a smirk "be careful and stay on top, there are rat- yeah yeah we get it" I groaned, cutting him off.

Jean scrambled through it first, followed by Levi then Mikasa, each of us crawling behind the next, the tunnel kept getting tighter and tighter as we went to the point that I was barely thin enough to fit trough.

"I'm stuck, I can't move" Eren grunted, I struggled to turn my head to look at him. "take your backpack off" I suggested. "I already did" he snapped, the claustrophobia getting to him. he struggled more and more against the tight space.

"You're making it worse! Stop struggling. Take a breath" Armin said from behind him. "Ah! The rats are nipping at me. Go! Just go! I need to get out of here!" he frantically cried. "Eren stop! Stop! You need to backup a bit. You're lodged a - fuck I hate this!" Eren yelled.

"Move back. Just inch back." I said, trying to calm him down. "Eren the only way forward is backward! MOVE BACK!" Mikasa yelled from the other side, she had already made it through. "I'm freaking out. I need to get out." Eren panted heavily.

"Keep breathing. Just take a deep breath with me." I said, taking slow deep breaths, again and again. he eventually joined me, breathing calmly. he backed up a little. Eren pulled against the cave trying to push through then It rumbled slightly.

"Its gonna collapse!" Levi yelled reaching in to grab my hand. "Eren grab my leg, Armin grab Eren's" I cried, my eyes wide with fear as I looked into Levi's eyes. "c'mon push, I've got you" he reassured, pulling my hand.

I broke free, falling into his arms, Eren and Armin were soon behind me climbing out as well, not even five seconds later it collapsed. Jean laughed, patting my shoulder, he pointed to another hallway that lead to this same end point.

"We didn't even have to go through there?! Why are you making this harder than it has to be?!" Mikasa seethed, standing by Eren and Sasha, even she seemed upset. "It's more interesting this way." Jean shrugged.

I snapped and slammed him against the wall. "I don't care who you think you are, but the next time you take a chance with my friends, I'll hurt you. Seriously." I said in a low dangerous tone.

Jean nodded, amused by my reaction. "this girl has fire." he smirked, Levi growled, getting ready to punch him, but everyone managed to grab him and pull them apart before he could. "I'll smack that smug look right off your face" Levi yelled furiously.

"Just calm down all of you" Armin said standing in between them, with his hands up on each side, keeping them apart. "guys, we shouldn't say very long, the stone pillar that should be holding up the ceiling has fallen" Sasha said, looking around fearfully, bringing the arguing to a halt.

"this is bad" Connie murmured. "We're still not deep enough. We're only two hundred feet below ground. We need to go down another hundred." I said as we walked down the dark hall. "we need to go deeper" Levi added.

Jean sighed and agreed reluctantly. He led us into the next corridor and flashed his light around until he found planks of wood aligned on the floor. Connie pried them up revealing a hole in the ground that went very deep down.

Eren looked at the hole then back at (y/n). "this is a bad idea (y/n)" he mumbled, stepping away. "Jean, could you take Eren and anyone else who wants to go back? I'm going deeper." I said, rolling my eyes.

"And let you keep all the treasure? No, I'm going with you." Jean laughed. "at what point will you stop?" Mikasa said in Eren's defense. "when we find it" Levi answered in a deadpan manner. "what if there is no stone" he retorted. "I mean, he almost died" Mikasa added.

"there is and we'll find it" Armin said firmly.

One after another, we descend deeper and deeper into the catacombs. most of us were feeling the tension of going this deep underground. Levi looked up at the vast distance above us, furrowing his brows "How do you know we'll all be able to get back up there?" he asked.

"If we can't, we die. So we will." Connie replied, tossing his bag over his shoulder. "Not really the answer I was hoping for.." Eren whispered lowly.

I felt bad, after all it was me who brought him down here in the first place. "Eren, everything will be okay, I promise" I reassured, wrapping my arms around him, giving him a hug, he hugged me back nodding slowly.