Chapter 84

"Newsies, we won," Jack announced once they had gotten all the Newsies to calm down, which was all in vain really, and once all the important people were outside.

The Newsies went absolutely ballistic when Jack announced their winning.

Race and Spot kissed for what both could have sworn was an eternity.

Blink and Mush, Specs and Romeo, and Sarah and Katherine were all in very similar situations.

Crutchie and Elmer were in a bone-crushing hug. It was just the two of them hugging before Finch and Buttons broke their equally bone-crushing hug to join them.

Mike and Ike were spinning around in a hug, both were dizzy but did it want to admit it to the other.

Albert and JoJo were in a short hug before they pulled away and held the other at arms length and screamed at each other in joy.

Once Race had pulled away from Spot, he ran over to them and joined in on their screaming.

"And now I would like to introduce my very own personal pal, Governor Theodore Roosevelt himself," Jack announced.

Jack shook his hand and once Roosevelt took to the top the steps for his speech Jack ran down them and ran straight to Davey.

When he got to Davey he pulled him into a hug and spun him around.

Once he put Davey down Davey pulled him in to a kiss.

They were enjoying the feeling of peace between them when they heard cheers from the rest of the Newsies.

They pulled apart and Jack smiled at the blush on Davey's cheeks.

They heard someone clearing their throat in the background and turned towards the noise.

Roosevelt was standing there about to give his speech but had been interrupted by the cheering Newsies and decided that it would probably be best to just wait for them to calm down.

"Each generation must, at the height of its power, step aside and let the young share the day. You have laid claim to our world and I believe the future in your hands will be bright and prosperous," the Newsies and Ms. Medda all clapped and shared smiles with one another.

Roosevelt turned his attention from all of them to Jack specifically. "Your drawings, son, have brought another to bear. Officers, if you please," he called.

A whistle blew and all the Newsies turned around to see Snyder being dragged by two police officers.

"Oh it's Snyder the Spider," Race mocked. "He isn't looking so tough anymore."

The Newsies all laughed and Jack put his arm around Race's shoulders.

Snyder tried to kick at the Newsies but was quickly pulled back by the police officers.

"Jack with those drawing you've made an eloquent argument for shutting down the Refuge. Be assured that Mr. Snyder's abuses will be fully investigated," he announced. "Officers, take him away."

Crutchie hopped out in front of where all the Newsies were gathered. "Please, your highness, may I do the honours?" he asked.

Roosevelt nodded and Snyder rolled his eyes. "You have got to be kidding me."

"Oh, yeah, and you'll be laughing straight to the pen little man," Crutchie mustered up all the strength he could and hit him with his crutch.

He put all the anger he had at him for what he did to Jack into the hit and it was a fairly hard hit, especially if it were aimed at a middle aged man who was in good need of a hit.

The Newsies all cheered and Crutchie felt someone hug him from behind. When he turned around he was, unsurprisingly, met with Jack.

"I love you, Crutch," he said in the hug.

"I love you too Jacky," he replied, pulling away from Jack

"Did I not hear something about assessments being next week. Go study," Pulitzer shouted.

The Newsies, although begrudgingly, ran inside to get studying because as much as they hated school, they still didn't want to fail their assessments.

~~~
664 words