Chapter 19

The student became quickly acquitted and by lunch the second day dragged all of the tables together to make one large table for them all to sit around.

They had come up with a nickname for themselves, Newsies, partially because they were the first people in a new fancy school but largely because they wrote a newspaper in their shared journalism class.

It was their first day all sitting as one big group when they were approached by two boys they didn't know. They weren't too alarmed by it, it was only two relatively small boys and there was 18 of them but they still had an air of sheer evilness.

Jack having been collectively appointed the unofficial leader of the group, walked over to them and Spot, always being willing for a fight, joined him.

"Who are you?" Jack asked warily, keeping a reasonable yet not timid distance, not wanting to show submission.

"I'm Morris Delancey, this here's my brother Oscar. We work around the school," the eldest looking boy, Morris, explained.

Jack looked at them with a face that could be read as only is this guy serious. Spot had a similar expression on his face, just it was less obvious and more brooding. The newsies not so suspiciously whispered and kept shooting the Delancys some not so sneaky glances.

"You look like a five year old, what kind of work do you even do around here? Potty training each other?" Spot sneered at the pair of brothers, giving them a glare to make sure they understand how much he doesn't like them.

That got the Delanceys angry and let's just say hands were very nearly thrown until they decided that the Delanceys weren't worth their time nor energy so they just let them go with plenty of death glares.

~~~
304 words

The Experiment || Newsies AUOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara