-5-

Dustin trudged into the living room with a pout and sat next to me crisscrossed similar to how a toddler would

Dustin trudged into the living room with a pout and sat next to me crisscrossed similar to how a toddler would. With a look over to Caylani trying to hold it in we simultaneously burst out in laughter both to the point of tears.

"You guys already knew, didn't you! How could you both let me look like a fool knowing I didn't have a chance."

Caylani gave him a pat on the back "Sorry hun, you can't win them all."

I laughed once again Dustin's pout still not leaving his face.

"Argh, you can't tell me he's still pouting. Cheer up bud you can be my straight-white-man best friend." He perked up at Maybelle's words got up and cuddled into her side. Maybelle looked over his much larger body and mouthed to us "it's like having a puppy".

There was a knock at the door that Caylani got up to answer. "I'll come help."

I followed behind her to the kitchen after she had collected the food from the girl at the door. "Need any help" I questioned.

"Yeah grab the paper plates from the cupboard above the sink, Belle didn't have any when I moved in and we still haven't gotten around to buying any."

"Oh, I thought you guys moved in together being best friends and all."

"She's been my best friend for maybe 2 days. We just clicked really quickly and she reminds me of my sister."

She looked sad and almost distant saying that but only knowing her for about an hour I decided not to push.

"Well let's go bring out the food I think Maybelle could use the rescuing," I said hoping it'd lighten the mood. Seeming to have worked she giggled and grabbed the food while I took the plates and drinks.

We placed everything on the coffee table and all started helping ourselves, except Dustin, he asked Caylani to do it for him. He was getting way too comfortable, huddled in the corner and getting the girls to baby him with a roll of my eyes I looked away

I watched Caylani lean over to the other side to grab some of the steamed veggies and my eyes couldn't help but trail down to her ass in the tight jeans she wore, feeling like a perv I immediately turned my head the other way.

"If you wanted to look at my ass just ask next time," she said teasing. I just nodded feeling my cheeks warm up and words get caught in my throat.

Settling down we all dug in making light chatter. Maybelle or May as she insisted we give her a nickname actually grew up in the same town as Dustin and I going to the other of 2 high schools we had. Dustin also invited the girls to his first game of the season on Thursday both agreeing on the promise of food after.

Caylani fell back against the couch "Mhm, Belle where'd you order that from that has to be the best Italian food I've ever had" she said with a slight moan.

"I know right it's actually this place in the city called Vincent's they don't actually deliver except to the university campus." May enthusiastically said.

Bending down and coming down to Caylani's ear I whispered "The foods good and all but I could have you moaning much louder."

She glared at me but I simply gathered all our cutlery bringing it to the kitchen unbothered. Momenta later Dustin strolled in with all the trash and a goofy smile on his face.

"I think I'm in love" confused I gestured with my hands to continue.

"Not like that Kole, I mean we should have gotten female friends a long time ago I thought Bells was hot and all at first but knowing she doesn't like dudes is surprisingly better. Plus they feed me and snuggle me and they smell like flowers.

By the end of his mini-rant his voice had gone up an octave and I stared at him blankly.

"Whatever don't deny you like them too," he said and skipped, yes I repeat skipped off.

Okay, I guess... I muttered to myself.

Hi (waves nervously) so I started this book in the summer when I had a lot more time but 2021 was stressful and busy however I made a promise to myself this year to only write if I'm going to enjoy it

Hi (waves nervously) so I started this book in the summer when I had a lot more time but 2021 was stressful and busy however I made a promise to myself this year to only write if I'm going to enjoy it. I'm not here to make promises I can't keep but I'll do my best. Also the first thing on my 2022 bucket list is to finish this book wish me luck!!

xoxo- Kiki