Chapter 35 Epilogue (Completed)

Three years later:

Dev was on his way to his cabin, greeting his employees with a nod. He had never done that before, but Dev 2.0 is a new version. Previously, Dev failed to accept the opinion of his employees. But, after all his bitter experience, he has changed his perspective towards life. As soon as he got into the room, he called his secretary to arrange for a beautiful garland. It was the fourth death anniversary of Sarada. Anu and Dev decided to pay their respects to her at the cemetery where she was at rest.

He went to their textile factory, which was a few kilometres away, after finishing some work to pick up Anu, who happened to be the managing director of that company. She assisted Dev for a while after completing her MBA. Dev later launched a company for her after noticing her passion for the textile industry. It was all Anu's business concept, and she was in charge of everything.

Dev walked into the building and knocked on the door of Anu's room. "

"May I come in, Madam?" he asked, in a changed tone.

"Anu was engrossed in a stack of papers in her hands, deep in thought.

She replied, "Yes," without lifting her head.

Dev was awestruck by her sincerity. He was delighted with her achievement. The same girl who panicked and dropped her lunch was now one of the city's most powerful businesswomen.

He stated, "I want you to accompany me, Madam."

When Anu recognized Dev's voice, she stood up and inquired, "Dev, when did you come?"

Dev made her to seat in her chair and said.

"You have no idea how magnificent you were when you were working. I'm so proud of you, dear," he pinched her nose.

After talking for a while, they started driving to the cemetery. Anu was happy to see the beautiful garland in the back seat.

"It's so lovely, Dev; Aunty would love that." She squealed.

"But she will be happier with my gift. " she further added.

Dev got puzzled and stared at her like an alien. Anu never brought gifts when they visited Sarada's cemetery. She would bring her favourite food and buy a dress and donate that later. It was rare for her to speak like that.

They both squatted down and prayed sincerely.

"Mom, you tolerated me when I was bad. Now I am a refined man, Mom. But you are not here to witness that. I am thanking you for bringing Anu into my life. I can't even imagine how my life would have been without her." Dev thanked his sleeping Mom aloud.

Anu was listening to Dev with teary eyes and continued:

"Auntie, you were the one who saved me when I was standing helpless. Because of you, my family is in good condition now. You gave me this family life, and I would protect the dignity of this family and make this family flourish with offspring. Yes, Auntie, you are going to be a Grandma." Anu announced.

When Anu came to know about her pregnancy, she decided to tell that news in front of Sarada's grave. It was the humble thing she can do, to repay her kindness. Dev was in happy tears when Anu said that. He hugged her tightly and said,

"Thank you, Anu for coming into my life."

As they were in happy tears and thanking each other, they failed to notice someone hiding behind a tree. All these past three years, Mugil visited Sarada's grave on her death anniversary. He still can't forget that day when the accident happened. He had cut all his ties with Dev, but still crying inside and repenting his mistakes. He is not bold enough to face Dev again. He is now the leading businessman in London. Dev used to silently admire Mugil's progress, but he won't show that to others. But, Anu was clever enough to find his secret stalking, but she didn't inquire anything about that and left it unnoticed.

No one would have believed it if someone had told a few years back that Dev could have a regular family life like the one he is leading now. He was known for his playboy image and arrogant behaviour. But everything changed after Anu entered his life. The things he learned had a lasting impact on him and changed him for good.

Sometimes we feel as though we have no control over our lives. Someone will appear to break all of our myths, just like Anu did for Dev. Money was the prime thing in Dev's life at the time, but he eventually realized how much he was missing out on. After losing ten years of hard work, he learned an important life lesson: we should earn to live and not live to earn. Everyone deserves someone who makes them look forward to tomorrow and needs a little sunshine when the skies are grey. Anu came as a ray of sunshine for Dev and turned his days bright.

Author's note:

That is the end of the story. This story can still be prolonged with Mugil and Riya's journey, but I don't want to drag things. Maybe that can be a separate story. Also, I don't want to portray Mugil as a villain. Meet you all again with another story.