Chapter 34 All is well

Lately, Mugil signed a partnership with a businessman from London secretly. He planned to obtain a lump sum payment from Dev and put it into his new London firm. He knew that staying in Chennai, where Dev was, would be difficult. He also wants to be free of Riya's feelings for him. That was the reason behind his plan to move to a different nation. He did everything possible to avoid getting into contact with Riya. But he wasn't expecting to see her in person. Mugil can't even speak a single word. He just disregarded her and resumed his packing. When he was ready to leave the room, he turned towards Riya, who had been standing there the entire time, and remarked,

"Some questions cannot be answered?" stating that he hurriedly left the company.

Dev noticed Mugil leaving the company and Riya's condition. When he entered Mugil's cabin, Riya was as still as a stone. Dev felt very bad for her condition. Till yesterday they were laughing and teasing each other. But everything changed overnight. He approached her and patted her shoulder.

"Everything is for the best, Riya. You make an effort to move on." Dev said.

As it was mid of night, Dev arranged a car with a driver for her to reach home safely, and he headed home, as Mugil's men had already sent Anu home.

Riya was sitting like a statue in the entire drive. Dev's words ringed in her ears. She didn't even have a decent conversation with Mugil, but before that, the situation changed upside down. She tried to maintain her composure, but her eyes were weeping involuntarily. Their love tale came to a close right at the start of the first chapter.

Meanwhile, Dev arrived home quickly. After all of the turmoil, it was nearly dawn. Anu was at home a little before five minutes. Dev rushed inside and hugged her tightly.

"Oh my God, I was dead for a while without you," he exclaimed and kissed all over her face. Both didn't talk about anything for a while. They were in happy tears. Words sometimes fall short of expressing our feelings.

Anu was still perplexed by how the problem had been resolved. Out of curiosity, she questioned Dev. Dev detailed everything about Mugil's deal, including how he helped him in eluding the police. Despite his masked emotions, Anu could hear the agony in his voice. She felt sorry for not being more cautious in the resort after Dev explained everything.

Dev replied, understanding her anxiety. "Anu, as Mugil decided already, he won't stop; if it had not been in China, he would have done it in Chennai. I even trusted him to drive you to college. It feels like a nightmare when I think about it."

Anu felt bad for Dev, despite Dev's assurances that he was satisfied with the arrangement. She was aware of his dedication to his job as she had previously worked there.

"I know how you developed this business, and I can't believe this has happened," Anu said.

"Please, Anu, leave it. For the moment being, I'd like to forget about it. But Mugil's word is still killing me. I failed to be a good friend. He was my one and only friend, Anu. I never imagined our relationship like this." Dev remarked.

"From now on, it'll just be you and me, and no one will be able to separate us. Tell me whenever I make a mistake right away. Between us, there should be no secrets." He further said.

"Hey, you were treating him like a family member and maybe failed to read his mind. However, he should have talked with you as a friend. Leave it. It's just you and me, as you said." Anu attempted to persuade him.

"Yes, it's only you and me. Back then, money was the prime thing for me in this world, and I failed to notice the emotions of my dear ones. I thought I was happy. But, I was stumbling around in the dark. Then you came into my life and brightened it up, 'You are my sunshine,' Dev expressed himself emotionally.

Anu attempted to change the subject after noticing Dev's depressed mood.

"All right, let's put this out of our minds for a bit. I'm starving. Let's get something to eat before we go to bed," Saying that Anu served the food cooked by the maid for them. For the entire day, neither of them had gotten any sleep or eaten anything. It was an emotional roller coaster, but in the end, only their relationship and love for each other grew strong. Only their love filled the air.

Anu went to her college the next day, while Dev left for his office. Dev found it difficult at first since the company's shares had been withdrawn massively.

It reminded him of the day when his father left him. Dev, on the other hand, started working more intently than earlier. There was no news on Mugil. Riya was like a walking corpse for few days, but later she accepted the reality. Anu was busy completing her MBA. Dev also developed a good bond with Anu's family.

In each other's arms, Dev and Anu's life became normal and more beautiful than before. Days turned into months, and months turned into years, but their love for each other did not wane but grew even strong.

Everyone deserves someone who makes them look forward to tomorrow and needs a little sunshine when the skies are grey. Anu came as a ray of sunshine for Dev and turned his days bright.