Chapter 25 First day of college

"Dev, you carry with your works. I will go with Anu," he suggested.

"No, I am also coming."

"Dev, I was the one, who finished the admission procedure, so it will be easy for me to handle." Mugil justified.

"No, I want to see whether everything is safe."

"Dev, you are telling like we are leaving her in a nursery school."

"What if some bad guys are there or the environment is poor. Already we have enemies everywhere."

"Sorry, Bro, not we; you have enemies," Mugil cleared.

"But, Mugil, now everyone knows Anu as my wife. It is not safe for her to go alone. We have to arrange bodyguards for her."

When they were arguing like this, Anu nodded her head annoyingly.

"Guys, I am the student here." She cleared.

After a short quarrel, all the three reached the college. Anu was a bit worried about Dev's reaction. She used to maintain a low profile everywhere. Last time in the graduation ceremony itself, she was in the limelight for the first time in her life. She has to be in this college for the next two years; She hated the thought of being labelled a Billionaire's wife. Dev also felt that it is safe for her rather than known as his wife. He informed her, however, that she should use Mrs instead of Miss since he doesn't want other guys to develop an interest in her. Though Anu first rejected, later she agreed. They hired two bodyguards, and no one will notice their presence. They would follow her like a shadow from a distance. Anu first felt annoyed at this, but later she agreed for the sake of Dev's peace of mind.

After so many instructions, Dev let her go. But just before she steps aside, he grabbed her hand and turned her to face him.

"Everything perfect, except this," saying that he took her Mangal sutra, which she had concealed inside her dress and placed above the shawl.

"Good girl, come here in the evening; I'll pick you .."

Before he could finish, Mugil interrupted,

"Dev, we have so many works in the afternoon, we can send the driver."

"Stop, Mugil, that is not safe; if I can't come, you have to come; no one other than us is allowed," Dev said stubbornly.

After the fire accident, Dev was very conscious that too with anything related to Anu.

"Okay," Anu replied feebly and entered inside. In reality, Anu was a bit scared of this new attachment with Dev. She is a person who doesn't expect anything. But she can't bear it if someone changes after being close to her. Though she is happy, she was scared that Dev might change like he was before.

Anu felt like her dreams come true. While entering her classroom, she again concealed her Mangal sutra as she felt odd from the other girls. But she was wearing her Kumkum on her hair partition.

A/N – Kumkum - Kumkum is a powder used in India for social and religious markings. It is made from turmeric and slaked lime. Unmarried ladies and widows never apply it to their hair partition since it is a symbol of matrimony.

Anu sat in the middle row, where she was accompanied by two girls. They talked with each other and exchanged their numbers. Anu introduced herself as a married woman, but she didn't reveal much about her husband. She said she was married to a businessman.

The first day was busy filling so many forms and procedures. By half-past three, her classes were over. After bidding goodbye to her friends, she stood at the same place where Dev dropped her. Dev entered the campus in a brand-new Lamborghini car which attracted the passersby.

Anu got a little flustered when she saw the dazzling luxury sports car parked in front of her; she wasn't calm at all.

'It's too showy. What will the others think?' she started getting panic. Like a gentleman, he opened the passenger seat for her.

After getting inside, "Don't you have a normal car?" She asked him feebly.

Dev was confused at her question. "Why this is a good quality car?" he questioned her.

"Do you have a less expensive car? I don't feel comfortable when you come in an expensive car." Anu said with her head down.

"But I don't have such cars," he shrugged his shoulders.

'How could this guy be so ostentatious? Everything he has is a luxury. Doesn't he feel embarrassed attracting so much attention every day?' she thought to herself.

Without giving a chance for others to stare, she urged him to move out of the campus immediately. Dev found her reactions cute, and he was surprised by her simplicity. "Be prepared to get astonished, dear; you deserve much better," he thought to himself.

Dev left Anu at home and headed to his office, where he was shocked with unexpected news. The Police have arrested some underground rowdies in the accident case. But it became clear that they were just the bullets, the main enemy still unknown. After tracing their calls, they found that the female model, Reena also involved in this. They arrested her and started the enquiry. At the same time, Anu was in tenterhooks after hearing everything. Though Dev was known for his playboy image, he was always sincere at his work. He never betrayed or cheated anyone to achieve anything. He can't believe the fact that a group is targeting him. He rushed to the house to be with Anu. Never in his life, he feared this much. Back then, he won't care much about his safety. Now he wanted to live longer to lead a peaceful life with Anu. He believed he was the only one responsible for Anu, which scared him to death.