|| 11 ||

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Your child is missing. Your child is hurt. 

Those were sentences Natalie never wanted to here. Those were the words that haunt her dreams since the day she found out that she was going to be a mother. The constant fear of something happening to her daughter started the day she found out she was pregnant. And it was going to end only when she let out her last breath. 

Your child sneaked out.

That was the sentence she never expected to hear. Not from Amber. 

"I can't believe this." Natalie said back at the bar once she hanged up the phone with her mother. She started picking her stuff up. Her purse, her jacket. Her movements fast and messy. Her hands trembling.

"What happened?" Mark asked and stood up ready to go with her if he had to.

"My daughter sneaked out of her room. Like I had grounded her. I have never grounded her. Maybe I should tho. I've been trying to be a good mom, a cool mom. A person she wouldn't be scared to talk to. And this is what I get huh? Her sneaking out of her house like she is a prisoner. Unbelievable. Just..." She let out a muffled yelp and drank the rest of her scotch. "I have to go home. I have to look for her and... god... what if something happens to her? It's the middle of the night."

"Let me help you, yeah?" Mark touched her shoulders trying to calm her down. He had no idea what it was like to worry about your child, but he sure wanted to help Natalie. "I can drive you to some of her friends' houses, see if she's there, alright?"

"You don't have-"

"I'm driving." Mark interrupted her. "You're in no state." Natalie nodded her head, not feeling like fighting with him. "Hey." He softly took her hand in his, stopping her as she tried to get out of the bar. Natalie looked at him, the worry so clear in her face. "I'm sure it'll be fine."

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Two hours and four houses later, Mark and Natalie had nothing. Nothing at all. Natalie was trying to get in contact with her on an old cell phone she had bought her for emergencies like this one, but Amber was not getting back to her. So they returned home, knowing that there was nothing left to do in that moment but wait. They couldn't even go to the police yet.

"Is there any boy she would want to hang out with probably? Or maybe even a girl?" Mark asked as they were driving back to her house. 

"I-I don't know. It's midnight Mark, what if something has happened to her?" Natalie cleared her throat when her voice got stuck and the words wouldn't come out. Amber didn't have so many friends just yet, and they hadn't been there long enough for Natalie to know her favourite spots. She had no clue about where she could be.