Chapter 33: 28 weeks

"Elliot," Olivia called as she shook Elliot arm's and patted his chest for the second in an hour. She'd managed to get up, get almost all the way ready for work and eat all while getting radio silence from him.

"Mm," he groaned, licking his lips just as he did earlier in the morning.

She'd grown to love his morning mannerisms, the licking of the lips as she tried to wake him, his soft murmurs as the sun began to rise in his eyes and disrupt his sleep and most importantly how soft and vulnerable and dear she say clueless, he was in the mornings. It was ironic that she felt this way because she'd usually hated the clueless act in other lovers as it was often used as a stalling tactic to not leave her apartment, but he was genuine. He slept hard, so hard that when he woke up it was as if he was on another planet.

"What time is it? What day is it?" he mumbled into his pillow.

"Time to get up and the day after yesterday," she laughed as she sat on the bed.

"Oh, that's cute," he replied lowly as he nestled further into his pillow.

"Babe, come on, I need to leave, I can't be late," she whined, pulling at the sheet that covered his naked body.

"Then leave me," he groaned as he tugged back on the sheet. "I promise I won't steal anything."

"Haha very funny. I would, but I need my keys because I can't meet you for them today. I've got a meeting at the squad, then court and then more court."

"You don't need to meet me anywhere because I'm not going anywhere," he declared a little clearer now, finally opening his eyes just a little bit. "Today is Tuesday, right?"

"No, it's Monday," she smiled as he rubbed his eyes.
"Right, Monday. I'm off today, remember? And Katie has Eli until Tuesday, so it'll be a miracle if I exist outside of this at all apartment until then."

She'd completely forgotten that he was off today, "Okay."

"Okay," he huffed as he settled back into his pillow. She started to rise from the bed when he continued lowly. "Besides I should have a key, anyways."

"Is that right?" she teased placing her hand back onto his chest and rubbing it lightly. He liked when she did that.

"Oh, yeah."

"Okay," she shrugged. She leaned in a little closer before continuing. "I'll leave them with you, then. But you'll have to leave the house to make it."

"A necessary evil," he smiled, closing the gap between them and delivering a quick peck onto her lips. She laughed in response and swatted at his chest before standing to her feet. She then turned and made her way to her chest of drawers on the other side of the room.

Her hair was pulled back into a sleek ponytail and she was dressed as professionally as she could in some stretchy pants and a blouse, but she didn't look like a cop. He loved to see this side of her, a side that he saw in the early mornings or late evenings when the gun and badge were not cemented as a part of her identity and before she slipped on her jacket and pulled on boots and went out to save the world.

During these moments, she was soft and she was his.

She padded her way back to his side of the bed and unlocked her safe to retrieve her badge and weapon and began to fit it on her person.