❅ thirty-nine

"Hey, you okay?" Junkyu asked his friend, Asahi, when he noticed that it wasn't even talking to them ever since earlier when he came back from calling Doyoung

"Y-yeah" the older could feel the doubt in his voice, and that's when he knew that something's going on.

"I mean nice try but I know you are not" the japanese let out a defeat and long sigh as he just lean his head to Junkyu's shoulder for some rest.

The koala look-a-like guy looked surprised at the sudden movememt from Asahi. Maybe the thing he was bothered about was a bit serious this time.

"Hyung, is it really okay for me?"

"Okay about what?"

"You know, falling in love" Junkyu giggled.

"Of course! I know you are still not used to it but you'll get through it eventually, with the help of your lover right there" Junkyu adviced pointing his lips to the hybrid busy talking to his friends.

"Asahi, it's okay. Are you happy with him?"

"More than happy"

"Then what holds you back?"

"I just thought I wasn't enough for him. I mean look at him, he deserved the best things in the world and I wasn't one of them" the japanese groaned in pain when Junkyu flicked his forehead.

"Don't say that. Jaehyuk loves you so much, I can see it when he's with you. And if you think that you aren't enough for him, why don't make yourself enough for him. If he deserves the best thing, why don't you make yourself that best thing for him"

"How will I do that?"

"I don't know. Give your efforts when you do things for him. Cook for him, cuddle with him, anything that will make him happy"

At some point, Asahi finally saw the point on Junkyu's advice. Well he's right.

"Thank you hyung"

Junkyu smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Hyung, not the hair!" Asahi complained, glaring at him.

At the other side of the living room, Jaehyuk stopped laughing when he heard his owners voice.

He's with Junkyu. And come to think of it that he was laughing, his smile were brighter than ever.

When will he even make him smile like that? The curves on his lips were beautiful and maybe it would be more prettier if he was the reason.

"Hey, Jaehyuk. Are you alright?" Doyoung asked the cat hybrid.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine don't worry" he said in a low tone voice before walking away from his friends.

He just needed some time alone, he shouldn't be sad like this. It was his birthday.

"We'll go now, Asahi. Thank you for the food" Jihoon bid his goodbyes.

"Be careful guys, it's raining" the japanese reminded his friends.

"Okay! And by the way, talk to Jaehyuk okay?" The japanese furrowed his brows in confusion.

"He seems sad earlier. Just ask him okay? He shouldn't be sad, it's his birthday" Doyoung worriedly said.

"I'll talk to him"

"Update us. Byeee!" He waved his hands to his friends.

But what could seems the problem with Jaehyuk? He looks happy earlier. What's wrong?

He looked the front door and arranged the used plates on the living room before going to his room where the hybrid could possibly be staying right now.

Luckily, the door was unlocked and there he saw a body covered with the thick blanket.

"Jaehyuk" he softly called and sat on the bed. The hybrid didn't even bother to remove the blanket but instead stayed silent.

"Are you sick?" He asked in emotionless tone but deep inside he was worried for him.

"What's wrong?" But again he didn't earn any response from him.

Asahi made sure he wasn't startling the hybrid as he gently removed the blanket from him. He was awake and quietly facing the left side of the bed.

"Jaehyuk, please talk to me" he begged. Woah, never in his life he begged someone.

They are mostly begging him but this time was different.

He used all his strength to lift the hybrid's body and make Jaehyuk face him at least he could see his emotions.
But he got more worried when he didn't even looked at him.

The japanese let out a deep sigh before giving the hybrid a warm hug.

"What's wrong hmm? You know you can tell me everything, hyung" Jaehyuk flinched when the japanese called him again with the 'hyung'

Thinking it would magically work for the hybrid, he's right. This time, the hybrid sighed and wrapped his arms back to his owner's waist.

"It was nothing. I was just thinking about something"

"But can you call me hyung again?" Asahi gulped and avoided his gaze.

"I'll call you once and I won't do it again" Jaehyuk pouted.

"Kidding, but you know. If something is bothering you, you can always talk to me"

"Are you happy that I am here?" The japanese was actually surprised of his sudden question but this time, he was more confident of his answer.

"I mean I-" before the hybrid could say anything, he was engulfed by a warm hug from the japanese.

"I am happy you're here. Don't think of anything else" Jaehyuk just beamed a happy smile before hugging back his owner.

"Jaehyuk.."

"Hmm?"

"Happy Birthday. My life was so much better with you in my side"

TO BE CONTINUED..

-

(Uhm ehem, someone is indirectly confessing. I hope y'all got it😔✋)