11. Instant Crushing

When I fluttered my eyes, I could see the morning sun flashing from underneath my long lashes. I leaned my eyes over to see the beloved picture of the people who made my life whole. I levitated my upper body up so I can sit with my back against my hut wall. I started to unfold my neat pile of clothes and grabbed out some hygienic belongings to freshen up before I got dressed. I then heard leaf bristles from outside as if someone was approaching my hut. When my hut door began to slide, I saw Blue Eyes and was immediately alarmed when I realized I didn't have a shirt on and my big breasts were bare.

"Ah! You scared me!" I screeched, hurriedly covering my breasts from him as his face was stuck in place.

"Good morning Ki! Sorry about that..." Blue Eyes dipped his head down. "Morning Blue... its totally fine." I huffed out a knowing breath. "I'll be ready in a few seconds." I reminded him as he still had his head down before leaving out my hut nervously. I took my time and robed myself in my comfortable clothing and relaxed my hair roots where I witnessed that my hair was growing. I wrapped it in a curly ponytail and slipped my boots on my feet. I took one look around my cozy hut before exiting out into the sunny morning weather the environment beheld. Blue Eyes smiled at me as we began to walk down into the woods.

"Here's your spear!" He jovially signed, throwing me a spear. "A spear? For fishing? Oh that's right, you guys don't use fishing rods." My eyebrows flicked up in an instant before I connected the puzzle pieces together. I heard a chuckle next to me and saw that it was Blue Eyes. "Your funny." He laughed, his goofy grunts made me blush. "A fishing rod..." he signed, keeping his sky eyes on me as we walked. "Oh, they always been weird to me as I grew up but humans use them for fishing." I apprise him, making his face rise with curiosity. We continued to walk until a peeped over at Blue Eyes' face which sparked the most unexplainable handsomeness but also the look retracing back on a bad memory. "Wait. Did the hunt happen here? You know, where the bear gave you your scars." I asked him, observing his cheek and chest scar. "Yeah... yeah it did." He signed, feeling uneasy from trying to defy to Caesar. We made our way to the lake as I gazed at the nature that was unaffected by the pandemic while many bird flocks flew above us. Blue Eyes ran on all fours in front of me while I followed behind him.

"I think this rock is high enough for us." Blue Eyes recommended as I looked at how good of a level the rock had over the water. Blue Eyes lended his hand out to me and I held onto it as he helped me up the rock. "Pretty high up!" I cheered, standing with my hands on my hip sides. "Watch this." Blue Eyes prompted me, aiming into the water with his spear. I looked at his tall form and admired it fondly as he squinted his eyes into the water to catch any fish. "Got one! I'm a professional at this!" Blue Eyes showed off, smirking at me with courage. I chuckled slightly at his overconfidence and began aiming my spear into the water. "Let's see if I can outdo you." I signed to him, assertiveness fueling up my body. I squeezed my eyes into the water until I saw a fish swimming towards our direction. Immediately, I plunged my sharp spear into the little creature.

"I guess we're even." I breathlessly joked, soaking the water off of the dead fish while Blue Eyes was chuckling. "What's that?" He then queried. I looked down and noticed he examined a picture that was in the back pocket of my shorts. I bewilderingly slipped the picture from out my pocket and my eyes expanded in size. I crouched down, my eyes focused on the picture with stillness. The picture showed me as child with my parents. I sensed Blue Eyes perching closer next to me while laying his spear on the other side of him.

"Is that your mother?" The blue eyed chimp asked me, staring deeply into the picture. "Yes. This was on my birthday right before the day that the outbreak began..." I signed, tracing my mind back into the past and its collision. "You look just like her.." Blue Eyes thoughtfully mentioned, gazing into my face, specifically my bright brown eyes. "I know you still think of her when each day goes by." He theorized, looking into the lake. "Yeah. I always do and the moments she had with my father." I added, meditating my mind to the relieving thoughts of my late mother. "I'm really sorry you lost her." Blue Eyes sympathetically apologized, gazing into my eyes longingly. "It's okay." I said, accepting his condolence on my mother's demise. "I try not to talk about it much. It upsets me..." I blowed out a saddened breath while my hair blew slightly with the wind currents. We allocated a moment of lengthened stares and soon enough, he began to blush while tending to keep a smile for me. I then turned my head from him to see a group of other teenage apes coming towards us. I felt Blue Eyes stand up as he kept his hand swirled around my wrist which made me blush unknowingly.