19. The Truth Revealed

Two days later

(A summary on the events in the two day time span)

Yesterday morning, we arrived at the house that pictured enjoying imagery from my youth. With all of the medications that we had in use, we injected many of the antibiotics into Caesar as he was on the road to recovery. In the day, I would stay by the ape king's side during his recuperation while in the night, I reminisced about Blue Eyes and his handsome face with his little cheek scar. Now today, I went by myself back to the human city to grab some usable supplies from Dreyfus' office that would come in handy. As my eyes glided around to view my surroundings, I saw dead apes and humans alike and couldn't clear my mind from the thought of death, war and violence. I then entered the main hall of the ruin establishment as a row of dead apes lead me down the path but one body made my eyes shoot up like a firework. I saw Ash's dead body.

"Ash?" I said his name faintly as I kneeled down to his body, his eyes closed and his chest not moving with the beats from his heart. "No... not you Ash." I brushed my hand on his left shoulder that had the same white skin pigments as his father; Rocket. I began to sob as my tears landed on his eyelids that were closed shut. Then, I detected that his eyes were flapping open while my eyebrows leaped up in revelation.

"A-Ash..." I stuttered, his hand planted on my thigh as I looked down at him. He's not dead? I then jumped into action and swung his arm around my neck, assisting him into a nearby room as he limped in pain. I sat him down on a couch as I placed my hands on his cheeks. "Don't worry Ash. I'll help you. I'll be right back." He gave me a blank smile before I hurried into a kitchen area next door that was contaminated with darkness. I switched on my flashlight to make it easier to forage for a couple of blankets to which I eventually found. Suddenly, I slipped my eyes over to the darkness to see a figure down the hallway of the kitchen as it looked like the person was holding a firearm. Immediately, I raised my arms up in surrender bravely as the figure moved closer to me. "Please... I don't mean any harm ." I said to the figure as it continued to walk up closer. As the light from the sky gleamed through the window, I could make out the lower body of a male ape. When the sky's luminescent glinted on the ape, my eyes began to downpour with tears when the figure was identified to be Blue Eyes. He paused before lowering his weapon as I did the same with my arms.

"Kiara?" He signed to me as he fastened up his walking pace towards me as I stood still while the tears drizzled down my cheeks. He lifted me up and into his arms as I wrapped my arms around his neck while he ran his hand through my hair. He leaned his forehead into mine, our sobbing sniffles lasting forever. "I haven't seen you in days... I missed you so much." I signed to Blue Eyes as he stared me down. "I missed you more, Hazelnut." He said to me. I was flattered by the nickname he gifted to me.

"Hazelnut, huh? Nice one." I beamed at him with my lips.

"Yup. It's... irresistible like your eyes." Blue Eyes started to flirt with me with a good-looking smirk.

"Enough, Mr flirt." I rolled my eyes with a smirk but my mind soon raced back to Ash who was in the other room. "You need to see this, Blue!" I signed to him before grabbing his hand into the next room where Ash raised his head up slowly to us. Blue Eyes lowered his weapon on the table before he sat beside our best friend.

"Ash is... alive?" Blue Eyes signed to me, rotating his head over to look at me from in the doorway. I nodded my head, clutching onto the jewelry that my handsome ape prince gave me around my neck. Blue Eyes then leaned down to embrace our best friend as my lips stood in place. "I... can... rest up." Ash spoke as Blue Eyes patted him on his chest, offering him a smile before he walked up to me. While I watched Ash fall asleep, Blue Eyes opened the door for me with gentlemen mannerisms before we entered a room two doors away from the room Ash was resting in. "Did you travel alone?" Blue Eyes asked me, allowing us to talk on things. "Yup. Just me by myself." I signed to him, not making eye contact with his appealing facial features. While I glanced out the window, I felt Blue Eyes' fingers twist with my own as I looked down. Blue Eyes then stepped forward to be closer to me, the softness of his fingers on mine causing my stomach to cluster with butterflies.