Chapter 13

The two of them made their way up slowly, it was almost laughable how showy this man was. ''You really are quite small, even by a humans standards." Fake Loki taunted as he placed Ellen on the floor next to him, a bruising grip on his arm to keep him from running as the two stared at each other. "If you tell me of why this is, I may be inclined to give you a more merciful death.'' Loki explained tauntingly. No, not Loki. The man controlling him. Ellen gave the man his best frightened look.

He stepped forward once more. ''This is what happens when your starved and kept underground when young.'' Ellen explained his voice shaking. The man hummed in thought and stared him down once more before smirking. "So this is why you claim to know what this man is feeling, how cute. I promise you what's happening to him is much, much worse." He growled out, whipping Ellen around to face the window as Tony's silhouette grew larger.

''Why are you still pretending to be Loki. We know your not him.'' Ellen said through the tears, as the cold metal of his spear bit into the soft skin of his neck.

''You would be right. But is it not more fun to pretend?'' The man asked with a cruel smile. ellen shook his head. Then watched as tony, his father, landed. He only paused slightly when he saw the two but otherwise continued on, letting the machine take his armor off. Remaining indifferent even as he meandered toward the bar area. Then, finally, he stopped and really looked at the two of them.

They where at a stand still. Loki smiled maliciously. ''Anything you'd like to say to him before departing?'' He whispered into Ellen's ear. Ellen could barely manage to whisper something. ''What was that little one?'' Fake loki asked tauntingly, leaning forward slightly as if to listen better. Ellen looked to his dad. "I said, get the hell out of Loki's head." Ellen said. Then in a motion quick as a lighting flash he turned to Loki, and pushed forward chest to chest. The two of them started to tumble to the floor and without missing a beat Ellen smashed their heads together, and pushed the headband onto Loki's head. The gold battle crown he once wore tumbling to the ground in the process with a loud clatter. before loki had a chance to react ellen pushed the device on and winced at the powerful shock that zapped his hand as he and Loki fell to the floor in a crumpled heap.

He stared at the man for a moment more, only snapping into reality when, a warm hand settled on his shoulder. "Ellen, hey, are you ok? Your bleeding." Tony asked, holding a clean washcloth he must have gotten behind the counter to Ellen's neck. The boy hadn't even realized the spear had cut him when he turned. Crazy what adrenaline does. He looked into Tony's worried eyes and nodded slowly as exhaustion keeps around his vision. "I'm ok dad, it's just a little cut." Ellen responded quietly. the tower was quiet for a second. then a loud boom shook them all to the core. tony glance between Ellen and the forming portal in the sky.

"Dad, go. I can handle loki now. New York needs you'."Ellen said quietly. Tony gave his son one last look and finally nodded. The front of his helmet closed and he flew off into the distance. Then it was quiet again, so, so quite. Even despite the battle in the background. Ellen heard a groan and turned around shaarply quickly grabbing the staff and pointing it at the man. ya' know. just incase.

loki sat up slowly and held his head in his hands. then he looked up and around at what was happening, his eyes unfocused and confused as they took in their surroundings before meeting Ellen's own. The two stared at eachother for a second, both almost afraid. There was a kind of relief in those eyes, it was an expression Ellen felt in his soul. ''are you actually you this time?'' ellen asked him gently. The older man nodded slightly and stared, almost fearfully at the staff. ''ok, uhh, tell me something only the real loki would know.'' ellen ordered. loki held up his hands, taking a second to think. ''back when I was in the hulks cell, we came up with a code. you explained to me how you knew I was under anothers control. we're both adopted, and from my understanding we've both been a prisoner one way or another.'' he said to the shorter boy. Ellen relaxed a little and sighed slightly, then they felt the earth shake. the two of them looked out the window and ellen felt his jaw drop at the sight.