chapter 12

Fake Loki was about to reach for the lever when Phil walked into the room holding a very intimidating gun. Slowly, as if mocking Phil, he raised his hands. "Move away please." Phil ordered calmly gesturing to the gun tauntingly. ''Ya like this? We started working on the prototype after you sent the destroyer. Even I don't know what it does." He stated calmly. "Wanna find out?" He asked, a callous smile on his face as he stared into the imposter gods eyes.

Ellen stared at the two for several tense seconds, his attention snapping to the swirl of magic just behind Phil moments to late to help.  Loki had already appeard behind the agent. ''No phil! Behind you!" He shouted uselessly. Ellen watched helplessly from his room as not loki stabbed a knife through coulsons chest. The young man gasped out loud, tablet falling limply into his lap as the man he'd come to see as an uncle fell to the ground.

The decoy Loki faded out and the real one stepped up to the control pannel. Ellen was frozen, what could he possibly do? "Now, what do you think human? You can't stop me, you couldn't even stop your agent from dying." He taunted Ellen. "Your not even here. Could you have done something if you where here?" He jibed.

Ellen could hear Thor screaming in his cell somewhere in the background. Coulson was choking on his own blood right in front of the screen, just laying on the ground. This was bad. The being controlling loki opened the hatch under the cell. Air was being whipped all around the room. Ellen could hardly control the drone.

Loki clutched the lever and Ellen knew he had to do something. Coulson was aiming the gun at Loki, his hand surprisingly steady even as his body weakened. the boy knew that would only stall him. They needed more time. Ellen clutched his phone and with shaking hands drove the drone forward. He needed to give a distraction so Coulson had a chance to shoot. it also gave thor the opprotunity to smash the glass one more time.

Ellen zeroed in on the gods head, only flinching slightly when his drone was smacked out of the air, knocking it to the ground. Then there was a flash of light and Ellen's feed scrambled. It was quiet for a few seconds till the face of an angry god filled his screen, green eyes sharp and blazing with anger. "I considered sparing you human, but you've been a continued nuisance. Your next." Then the screen went black, and suddenly ellen felt so small again. in his deafeningly quiet room with no idea what was about to happen. he felt helpless.

But that didnt mean he was.

Ellen went over the things he knew. Loki wasn't loki right now, that can be an advantage. He knows the gods going to come for him, while slightly scary at least he knew the next step of his plan. ellen shot up. he had the plans for almost all of tony's projects! he could try to make the mind freeing device himself using things tony already has in his lab! Speaking of which he probably needed to call him....

Ellen waisted no time and sprinted out of his room and to the elevator. He Dialed Tony's number. And it rung while he was in the elevator and on the last ring tony finally picked up.

''Hey Ellen, this isn't the best time.'' Tony said quickly. ''Tony listen, are you in a fucking propeller?!.'' He asked panickdly. he could practically feel the way Tony was looking at him and awkwardly cleared his throat. "Right, not the point, focusing. Thor's propelling towards earth in the hulk cage, and Phil's about to die." Ellen explained quickly. "What?!" tony asked him. ellen felt some anxiety swell in his chest. ''Dad, he's coming here.'' Ellen said softly. ''Listen to me kid. You need to get the hell out of that tower. You heat me?'' Tony asked him. It was silent for a little while. ''Ellen?'' He asked again. His voice was shaking, but firm. ''You know I can't do that." Ellen stated. He heard Tony take a deep breath. "One sec kid." Tony said. Ellen heard several clashes and bending metal.

"Tony you still there?" He asked quietly. "Yeah I'm here. What do you need?" He asked urgently. Ellen took and deep breath. "I need the mind freeing device thing we talked about earlier. And maybe some reinforcements. That would be nice." He said nervously. He stepped out of the elevator and rushed to the lab. "Yeah it's been done for a bit but there's a catch. It only works in a close proximity to the receiver. That means your gonna have to get personal with him." Tony explained. Ellen nodded as he opened the door to the lab. "I get it, no prob. Just one more thing?" Ellen asked shakily.