Chapter 3

The next day Ellen is standing next to pepper watching the man he's come to know as a father board a hi-tech jet. Ellen tried to stay calm the night before, but today it felt like his anxiety was showing through more than he thought.

"Hey, Ellen. I don't want you worrying ok? I'll maintain constant video feed for you. And you can contact me whenever you need to." Tony said. Giving Ellen a quick hug.

"I'm not gonna worry. You always come back ok." Ellen said. Sounding like he was trying to convince himself things would be ok. Tony knew this so chose to respond with. "Hell yeah I do! That's the spirit kid! I'm still gonna keep a live video feed with you though. I don't want you missing out on my awesomeness." Tony replied ruffling Ellen's long black hair.

Ellen laughed and swatted his hand away. Pepper than leaned in and gave Tony a hug and a kiss.
They both took a few steps back and watched the jet fly off into ehe clouds. "He's gonna be ok right?" Ellen asked.

Pepper shook herself out of a daze before responding. "Of course he is. No need to worry." She said grabbing Ellen's hand and squeezing it slightly. They both nodded to each other then turned and headed off the roof.

Ellen took a few turns and headed to his personal room on one of the top floors. He opened the door and flipped down on the bed.

Then he took a moment to just reflect on the things that had happened. The man who saved him from rapists, personally treated all of his wounds, and held him through his worst nightmares is now out on one of the most dangerous missions ever.

Ellen sighed. He shook the thoughts out of his head and walked to his dresser. He pulled out a matching green pajama set and threw it on his bed. Then pulled a tablet and head set out from his side drawer. He pulled his hair into a messy braid and quickly changed into his pajamas.

He crawled onto the bed and hooked the headset to the tablet before turning it on and opening the files on Tony's and his shared information point.

This included the surveillance footage of Loki breaking into a shield base by using the tesseract. He leaned back into his pillows as he studied the footage. Grabbing one of the many plushies adorning it.

"Jarvis, I want an in depth analysis of Loki's face using this footage as well as a clip of just Loki talking." He ordered.

Of course sir.

Jarvis responded. The content flashed on the young mans screen. He pulled out the sensory keyboard and started taking notes.

Loki seems to be severely dehydrated, sunken eyes and sallow skin. Sweaty and weak in the knees. All common signs of a heat stroke. Seemingly practiced speech. Almost like someone told him to say it.

"Huh, that's a little different." Ellen said. He saved his screen and opened a different caption this one allowing him to watch and communicate with tony while he's out. He could feel the relief when it connected.

"Hey kid! I was wondering when you where gonna join in!" Tony greeted. Ellen laughed slightly. "Checking in to early would go to your head, I was doing you a favor!" Ellen exclaimed.

"So your still on the jet?" Ellen asked hugging his plushie a little tighter. "Yep." Tony replied. Taking a look around for Ellen. "Good, I have some info." Ellen said opening up his file.

"Go on, the floor is all yours." Tony responded. Ellen smiled a bit. "Ok so, I was reviewing the footage of Loki's attack a notice he looked severely ill. Kinda like when you first met me." Ellen said. Tony nodded. "Then I reviewed his speech. It's a little to practiced to be an on the fly kind of thing, to me it's like he read it off a script of something." Ellen stated.

"Ok this is going somewhere." He encouraged. "Yes, if the staff he's using can control others then doesn't that mean it could be controlling him? What if he's just another mind slave?" Ellen askes.

"That's a good point ya little spit fire. I'll mention that to the team when I get there." He says. Ellen smiles. "And will I be getting only 12% of that credit?" Ellen asked teasingly. Tony sighed "your never gonna let me live that down are you?" He asked. Ellen smiled and said "nope!" Popping the P at the end. Tony laughed at the kid. "Nah I think I'll be giving you full credit this time." He said. Ellen paused. "Really?" He asked. A little surprised.

"Of course, you've earned it." Tony said. Looking out the window so Ellen could see the view. "Still just a whole lotta ocean." Ellen remarked.
"Yeah, if you wanna do your own thing I can call back when it gets interesting." Tony offered. Ellen thought about it and eventually said yes.

"Bye tony. See ya later!" He said.

"Bye kiddo!" He responded. Then the call ended.

Ellen sighed and slowly climbed off his bed. He stretched and made his way to the floors kitchen. The young man then climbed onto the counter to grab a box of rice krispy treats. He grabbed a few then opened another cupboard to find chocolate frosting and graham crackers. Then finally he grabbed some Cheetos.

He dropped that off then returned to the kitchen for some water. They had soda, but ya know he might as well have at least one healthy thing.

Then he returned to his room and within minutes he got a call back from tony. He sat down put on his head set and answered.

"Hey kid, so it just got kinda interesting." Tony said turning so Ellen could look out the window.

"What do mean? Are you in a sub?" He asked. A sub that big would be pretty cool. However Tony's answer surprised him.

"Oh no, it's better than that." He said. Ellen watched as the propellers in the water slowly made the large carrier rise above the sea. Ellen could feel his eyes widening the further up the craft went.

"Holy heck." He said completely out of breath. "That's so cool." He whispered, in total awe.

"I know right?" Tony responded. Looking around the space again. Then tony started walking around so Ellen could get a good look at the place Tony was chillin in.

He opened his bag of chips and started eating. "What are you chowing down on?" Tony asked. Still roaming around.

"Cheetos." Ellen responded. Munching even more. "What kind?" Tony questioned. "Oh! It's the spicy limon one." Ellen responded.

"I don't know how you can stand those things." Tony said. Ellen could practically see the face he was making. "Well that's cuz your a wuss." He said pointedly munching again.

"Oh, I just gotta notification. Battle time. Should I introduce myself now or make it dramatic?" He asked.

"The more drama the better." Ellen responded. Watching tony put on his suit through the mans eyes. Then he watched as tony flew of through the clouds.

"This is gonna be cool." Ellen responded. Taking a sip of water. He watched through Tony's zoomed in camera that captain America deflected a blast with his shield. Then he saw the man step up through the people to the trickster god.

"Awe is he making a heartfelt speech about freedom. That's cute." Ellen said. Tony laughed. "More like corny." He replied. "Same thing." Ellen said.

He then saw nat swoop in with a hover jet. She pointed a gun at the god as well. Loki blasted at the jet. Steve ran forward and hit Loki across the face with his shield. And the two started engaging in hand to hand. Cap was quickly locked back, but the where at it again not long after.

Loki flung cap away again and forced him into a kneeling position with his staff. Cap however grabbed the staff and whipped around to place a kick to Loki's cheek.

"Should I hack the jet?" Tony asked with a grin. "Yes, yes, yes!" Ellen shouted, jumping a little. Tony started playing a cheesy rock song through the jets speakers and quickly blasted the god back away from cap.

Loki landed on his back several feet away as tony landed next to cap super dramatically. He revved up his blasters again and held them infront of the trickster god. Captain came and stood beside him.

Loki slowly morphed away his battle helmet and held up his hands in surrender. They cuffed him up and threw him in the jet.

Ellen knew he should be celebrating. However. It simply felt to easy...