The Legend that is Plagg

Začať od začiatku

With her mind finally made up, she shuffled the best she could towards his chair,balancing on the edge of the bed. Stretching out, she managed to grab the jacket's arm and began to pull it over towards her. A little grunt left her mouth as the movement pulled on the stitching over her wound, she was Ladybug for crying out loud. This was but a mere flesh wound. She rolled her eyes at herself, sure, a gunshot was just a flesh wound. Sometimes her idiocy shocked herself.

The ringing stopped again. Now she had a decision to make. At the moment she was holding Adrien's jacket sleeve and the chair was only inches away from her. One pull and the jacket would be in her lap. She could continue with the plan, or give it up now and not face the wrath of an angry Agreste, after all if he was anything like his father, perhaps he'd shoot her in the other leg. She chuckled to herself, too soon for jokes like that.

Perhaps she should wait to see if her papa rings again? She looked at the clock opposite her bed and made a deal with herself. If the phone rings again in one minute and it's her papa then she'll complete the mission. If not, or if it was someone else calling, she would leave it be.

Folding her arms across her chest she watched the minute hand tick around the clock. Second after second after second. A tune played again, and she wiggled herself on the bed in an excited dance, that was until she froze, ice cold blood filling her veins and her heart halting its normal synchronised rhythm.

Call from Shadowmoth.

Her breathing hitched. Shadowmoth? Did he work with his father? Why was that name in his phone? Why did Adrien have his father in his phone as Shadowmoth? Yanking the sleeve of his jacket, Marinette pulled it up and onto the bed, feeling around to try and find the phone. She wasn't completely sure what she was going to do when she found it. Answer it? Throw it out the window? Too many options. It continued to ring as she manically searched the pockets of his jacket.

"Come on," she coached herself, "where's the damn phone?"

Her hand suddenly clasped around something. Did Adrien have a furry case on his phone? There was something off about the texture and the shaping of it, and it felt a little squishy. She continued to squeeze it as a sharp pain went through her finger. It felt like something, or someone, had bit her.

"Ouch," she cried, drawing her hand out of Adrien's pocket. She'd fisted her hand around whatever had attacked her and pulled it from his jacket pocket. 

Slowly, she turned her hand over and looked at the offending object ... or should she say, Kwami. The black bobbled headed creature lay in her palm, green eyes giving her the glare of one thousand daggers. Oh no, she knew this kwami. She knew this annoyance well. The God of ridicule and mischief, the God of destruction, the God that created Chat Noir.

"No." Marinette gasped, releasing Plagg pulling her hands away from the small creature's body, "no, no, no!"

"Oh yes, Marinette, yes, yes, yes! How are you doing, Guardian?" Plagg smirked at Marinette as she shrunk back into the pillows, hands clutching in her recently smoothed down hair.

"You've got to be kidding me, this cannot be happening!" Marinette covered her eyes and shrank back into her pillow. Plagg was here, in Adrien's pocket, which meant Adrien was ...

"Is he?" She quickly asked.

"Yep," Plagg responded.

"And he knows I'm?"

"Correct."

"But his father is?"

"Unfortunately so," Plagg sighed.

"And we're?"

"Soulmates? Yes, as most cat and bug holders are."

"This cannot be real. I must be dreaming again." She dragged her hands down her face with exhaustion. She remembered the days when she was just a normal girl, with a normal life and a secret. Unfortunately those days were in the past and life was starting to become a lot more complicated.