(S1:E6) Skin

As everyone got settled, John didn't miss the way his eldest's eyes lit up at seeing the angel. He didn't miss the way they curled up on the couch, the angel's arm wrapped the man's shoulders. And he definitely didn't miss the way Dean made sure not to look his way. Next time. Next time they got a break, they were going to have a chat.

"It's ok. It's ok," the officer reassured the girl who pointed to the room across the hall.

"What's going on?" Claire asked.

"Be patient and maybe you'd find out," Jody sassed back.

"In there!" She yelled, "In there!

The S.W.A.T team moved to the other room. The man was there, trying to open a pair of doors leading to a balcony.

"Freeze!" The officer called out. "Don't move! Drop the knife. Keep your hands where I can see 'em. Drop it! Hold it right there! Do it!"

The man turns around. It was Dean.

The screen faded to black.

"The fuck did you do?!" Charlie asked.

Dean began laughing at the incredulous looks on everyone's faces. Well, everyone except Sam and Cas.

"You do know I'm a wanted criminal, right?" He asked between laughs when he started to calm down.

"Well, yeah. But we didn't expect this!" She responded, waving her arms at the screen.

"Ya know, as weird and fucked up as this is, this doesn't actually surprise me at all," Kevin added.

That got Sam laughing.

"I don't know whether that's a compliment or not," Dean said.

Kevin just smiled at him.

The screen slowly came back as Sam and Dean pulled into a gas station. The words 'one week earlier' appearing on screen.

"Alright, I figure we'd hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head south, hit Bisbee by midnight," Dean decided.

Sam didn't respond.

"Sam wears women's underwear," the elder tried.

"Why is that your go-to when trying to see if I'm listening or not?" Sam asked his brother.

Dean shrugged. "I have no clue. I think that was just the most embarrassing thing I could think of."

Cas furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Dean. "Didn't you-"

He was cut off when Dean slapped his hand over his boyfriend's mouth. "Don't. You. Dare." He glared when he felt Cas smirk under his hand. After a moment he dropped his hand.

"I've been listenin', I'm just busy." He was checking e-mails on his phone.

"Busy doin' what?" Dean asked.

"Reading e-mails," Sam responded.

Dean got out of the car and started to fill the tank with gas. "E-mails from who?"

"From my friends at Stanford."

"You're kidding. You still keep in touch with your college buddies?"

"Why not?"

"What do you think they think about you now, Moose?"

Sam had finally calmed down, but his laughing fit had left his face quite red. But thinking about his friends from school hearing about him getting arrested and dying multiple times sent the rest of his blood straight to his face.