(S1:E9) Home

The screen showed a young woman was sitting on the floor of her home, unpacking boxes. She came across a photo of herself and her husband at their wedding. She began to cry just as her daughter came into the room.

"Well that's an upsetting way to start an episode," Jody said.

"Mommy?" The girl asked.

The mom looked up. "Hey, sweetie. Why aren't you in bed?"

"There's something in my closet."

In the girl's bedroom, the mom opened the closet doors and looked inside as the girl watched from her bed.

"Wait, that room looks familiar," Dean muttered before he realized. He turned to Sam to find the same shocked look staring back at him.

"Goddammit, why this case?" Sam whispered as he turned back to the screen, resting his face in his hands.

Dean sunk lower into the couch, Cas squeezing his hand beside him. That was something he loved his boyfriend for. Cas knew when Dean needed a lot of affection, and when he was too scared to accept it. Dean wanted Cas to take him in his arms and comfort him, but he also didn't. Part of him thought it was because John was there and he was tired of being judged for loving Cas. Actually, all of him thought that. He was too tired to stand up for himself, so he just suffered.

"See? There's nothing there."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure. Now, come on. Get into bed."

The girl crawled into bed and her mom tucked her in. "I don't like this house."

"You're just not used to it yet. But you and your brother and me –- we are going to be very happy here. I promise." She kissed her daughter on her forehead. "I love you." She turned off the light and got up to leave the room.

"The chair," the girl called out.

"Okay." She moved a chair under the doorknob of the closet. "The chair. Just to be safe." The girl lied down and went to bed.

Jenny left. And after returning to the living room, she continued unpacking boxes. She stopped when she heard the sound of scratching coming from the basement. "Please, God, don't let it be rats."

"I have a feeling it's not rats," Bobby muttered.

A few moments later, she went downstairs into the basement with a flashlight. She tried turning on a light, but the switches didn't work. "Terrific."

The scene returned to the girl's bedroom. The chair began moving on its own, away from the closet doors. She sat up in her bed, wide-eyed and afraid.

Mary suddenly seemed more interested in this episode.

Back in the basement, the mom kept looking around. On the floor, she saw a large black trunk. She kneeled down and opened it, pulling out old photos of the Winchester family. Written on the back of a picture were the words, "The Winchesters. John, Mary, Dean, and Little Sammy." She smiled.

"I remember that picture. We took that a few days ago," Mary said. She turned to look at her boys and saw the sad looks on their faces. "Well, for me at least." Clearly, it had been a lot longer. And a lot had changed in that time.

In the girl's bedroom, the closet doors opened by themselves. Standing in the closet was what looked like a person, but it was entirely made out of fire. The girl screamed, and the screen went black.

"What the hell was that?" Kevin asked, his eyes wide in confusion and a tad bit of fear.

The screen faded in to show a motel at night.  While Sam was sleeping, he began dreaming of the mom from earlier. She was inside her bedroom, screaming for help. Sam woke up, confused.