Chapter 6

"But who is it?" Nico asked for the eleventh time in an hour, poking Will's shoulder teasingly as he sorted out some paperwork for the infirmary.

"I'm not gonna tell you..." He told him again, chuckling, for the eleventh time as well. He turned to him, unable to hide his smile. "Why are you so obsessed with knowing who I like?"

The real reason was Nico wanted to know what kind of guy Will liked. He also needed someone to blame for not having the guts to tell Will how he felt about him. But, of course, that was not what he told him.

"I'm just curious." He replied, which was true. At least half true. "I'm a very curious person. And, in case you're wondering, no, I'm not letting it drop."

Will rolled his eyes. "You're such an idiot..."

"That doesn't answer my question."

"Fine." Will agreed at last. "I can give you one clue..." He looked over Nico, who grinned in triumph. "He..." Will said slowly. "Is male."

"Ow come on!" Nico glared at him, pushing his arm. "That's not fair."

"Isn't it a clue, as I said I'd give you?" Will's lips played in a smirk, making Nico even more annoyed.

"You had already said that, you idiot." Nico rolled his eyes. "Come on, why don't you just tell me?"

Will turned to him, and stared for a moment.

"Why don't you tell me?" He asked, his tone turning serious, though Nico could still see the shadow of a smile in his lips.

"Tell you... what?" He frowned, genuinely confused.

"Who you like." Will said, leaning over his elbow and tilting his head. "Do you have a crush on anyone?"

"Uh..." Nico's brain seemed to have stopped working for a second. Thank you, brain. What was he going to tell him? Certainly not the truth. "I'm not into anyone..." Big fat lie, but it was the first thing he could think of.

"Really?" Will raised his eyebrows at him.

"Yeah, really..." Nico had to look away to prevent a flush.

"The camp is full of hot guys... Derek, from cabin 16... Paolo, from 18... They seem like your type."

"They're not my type." Nico grumbled, his cheeks feeling warmer.

"What's your type, then?" Will chuckled at the other's embarrassment; or at least Nico supposed it was at his embarrassment.

"I-" You. You are my type. "I don't think I have a type..."

"Oh?" Will raised an eyebrow. "That's not what you told Percy that time." Nico looked up to glare at him, ignoring the sarcastic laugh the other mustered.

"He was just a childhood crush..." He muttered the last in a low voice.

"Hmm..." Will nodded his head, clearly not convinced.

"Well, okay." Nico sighed at last, standing up. "Don't tell me if you don't want to..." He went over to the door, and was about to leave back to his room when Will called after him.

"Yeah?" He turned back to look at the blonde.

"Don't be mad at me..." Will flashed him an apologetic smile.

I couldn't stay mad at you even if I wanted to, Nico thought bitterly. He just shook his head in response.

"You're not mad?" There was a slight smile playing on Will's lips as he asked this that made it really hard for Nico to think straight. Yes, well, if anything Nico did was ever straight. He shook his head again.