Chapter 7: Waking Up

I hear my mom above me.
"Jordan..... Jordan.......Wake up"

Suddenly, my eyes flash open as I remember what had happened. I saw the white ceiling of our living room, but I wasn't on the floor. I gasp and sit up, almost hitting my mom in the head.

"Woah, calm down" She laughed.
Why is she laughing? Did she not know what had just happened to me? I look around the living room.

I was on the couch, previously lying down on it. I looked at the floor where I had thrown up earlier, but nothing was there. My eyes darted around the room for some sort of clue as to what is going on.

"When did you get here?" I ask her.
My head didn't hurt and neither did anything else, I felt perfectly fine.

"Just now, I just dropped the boys off to school.." Her smile started to fade and I could tell she was curious as to why I was acting so confused.

I frown and look down on the couch for my phone. It was falling in between the cracks in the couch, so I grabbed it and turned it on. 9:44, she wasn't lying, she really did just get back.

"Are you o.k Jordan?" She leans to the right to try and look at my face.

I look up at her.
"Huh? Oh, um y-yeah I'm fine...." I looked back down at my now black phone screen.

"You sure? You seem, weird.."

She gets on her knees in front of me with her hands on my knees.

I was so overwhelmed with relief and happiness. I pressed my lips together as tears welled in my eyes.

I felt my mom's hand brush the hair out of my face.

"What's wrong honey?" I heard her soft voice.

I took a deep breath and looked up at her blue eyes. The tears built up in my eyes as I refused to blink. I bit my tongue as the tears flowed down my face. I leaned forward and hugged my mom, sobbing.

I could've been dead.

It was all a nightmare. Just one big nightmare.

"I want to go to the doctors mom!" I cried into her shoulder.

"...Now? Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes," I said in between sobs.

"Okayy, I'll go call my work then sweetie." She pats my back as I feel her start to stand up.

I took a deep breath and let go. She got up and walked to the kitchen. The t.v in the other room was still on.

I slouch back into the sofa and wipe the tears off my face. Wow, I am crying a lot today. Well then again... today has been more eventful than any other day.

Right now, I would be sitting in Language, reading my boring book about Shakespeare. But no, I'm here on the sofa, scared out of my pants because of a nightmare.

I heard my mom dialing a phone number in the kitchen. Maybe I was caught up in the moment and I don't have to go to the doctors. Well, too late now...
I listened in on what she was saying.

"Hello? Yes, this is Diana Seether, calling for a check up on my daughter Jordan Seether, I'm afraid she might have a concussion and needs to be examined..."

There was a pause. She resumed talking after a short second as I grabbed my phone and searched up
'Signs of a Concussion'.

I've never learned about concussions, and barely even heard of them before. I only know it's something to do with dramatic trauma to the head.