Chapter 40- Long and Lost

Start from the beginning

"Better then nothing." Gabby nodded.

Three.
Two.
One.

"The misunderstood."

****

The bell ringing had us all starting to pack up our stuff after a quiet lunch. By a quiet lunch I meant India and Gabby carrying the conversation.

"What do you guys have now?" Gabby questioned.

"Me and Kayla have history together." Lee was quick to say.

"Well we will catch up with you guys later. Right India." I caught Gabby sharing a look with Lee. Before she linked her arm through India's. Pulling her away from us.

"Well we have to get to class." I slung my bag over my shoulder. I knew what was coming next, I just wanted out.

"Kayla can I just talk to you for a second." Lee gently pulled me back by my forearm.

I let out a sigh. "Sure. What is it?"

"Kayla! Lee! You have class to attend!" Turning around, there at the top of the steps stood Mr.Will. his arms crossed over his chest waiting for us to move.

"We have to go." I nodded my head towards the door.

Lee caught up with my steps walking in my pace. "Listen, I told Gabby how I feel. She also told me about everything. But I was honest with her and I was being honest with you the other night. I know there is shit going on right now. But I'm willing to wait until your ready."

Stopped myself from taking anymore steps. I looked directly to Lee. "Your right Lee I do have a lot of shit in my life. So do you. Who knows when I'm going to be ready. All I say is not to wait around to be only heart broken."

"I won't get heart broken." Lee stated.

"But we can't not say that. Look Lee, we are friends and I don't want to ruin that. I'm glad you told Gabby but also heart broken for her. I just need to figure out my head before I can throw myself into loving another human being more than a friend."

Lee was going to say something. But was cut off by Mr.Will calling us again.

"We have to go." I sighed. A light smile on my lips as I nodded towards the school building.

Lee closed his eyes for a brief second. A light smile appeared on his lips just before we started to walk to class.

This was a long day.

****

"Gavin told us to hurry up."

My heart skipped a beat as I wasn't expecting anyone to come up beside me. Looking to my left Harvey walked in step with me.

"Why are you so quiet?" I bit out.

"Why are you so unaware?" Harvey questioned back.

"I'm not unaware." I sighed. "Why does Gavin want us to hurry up?"

Harvey shrugged. "He just texted me to get you and told us to hurry up."

Walking out the school door there parked was Gavins car. Ethan was already in the passenger seat.

We climbed into the back, not getting a chance to put on our seat belts before Gavin took off.

"Why are you going so fast? What's the rush?" Harvey spoke up, he clung onto the two front seat head rests. Settling inbetween the front two seats as he looked inbetween both Ethan and Gavin.

"Remember before everything kicked off Dad was telling us about Moms brother?" Gavin questioned.

"Yeah?"