Mark and Donghee sat quietly. There were so many questions that she wanted to ask, but all of a sudden those questions flew out her head and were gone.

"Who's watching? She says that 'they're watching' but I don't know who 'they' is."
"Knowing that your father has connections everywhere, anytime Miss Nam changes rooms, someone will place a hidden camera in there. I don't who works there but you mustn't trust anyone. Unless you know well that they are an ally, you can't trust anyone with anything. If Jihyeon even dared to say something, your father would come to take her and kill her."
"But why? Why does he hate her when she isn't the one that did anything?" It was Mark that spoke this time.

"Sunhee and Jihyeon kept contact even after the arranged marriage. Of course they said they only remained friends but the feelings never left."

"Did he love my mum though? Did he ever genuinely love her enough to have the rights to be mad? It isn't her fault she loved a female. Even if it was arranged. he shouldn't have right t-"

"He never loved her but he swore to not hurt her. Of course Daehyun hated Chanwoo for loving her, Chanwoo hated her family for choosing someone they barely knew over a family friend. But even with their hatred, Daehyun promised that he'd never hurt Sunhee. That ultimately became a promise that he'd never hurt Jihyeon, but he was against it. She didn't have anything to offer him, and so he naturally hated her."

Donghee couldn't believe her ears. Her 'father' was far worse than she thought him to be. She never thought she could possibly die in the hands of her father. In fact, she didn't even know why Blood Thorn wanted her. In fact, why were the threats only towards her?

"Actually, Miss Nam said something to me and I don't quite understand. I assume that it's because of the hidden camera she used indirect words but she said, 'a mirror reflects what you see but never what is on the other side.' I don't quite understand it."

This, this was complicated. From what Sooyoung knew, the phrase itself had two meanings. Both meanings were equally as confusing and conflicting.

"There's two meanings, which do you want to know first? 1 or 2?"
"Uhh..2?"

Sooyoung took a deep breath. She could already tell how conflicting and impactful it'd be on Donghee's life. She knew that too well.

"Blood Thorn aren't the people you want to get rid of. Leave Blood Thorn aside. From what you see, they're bad people but behind everything, they're not bad. They're there to help however, listen to this closely. They will do this and that but it is only a way to make you run and hide,"

"They can't just send you something and say 'run for your life, your father is after you.' They have to find a subtle way to make you run and hide. If they just sent you a friendly letter, your father's little spies would catch you immediately. It's all cruel tricks."

"Wait so, Blood Thorn aren't the enemies?" Mark asked.
"No, no never. Chanwoo loved your mother too much to hurt you physically. He loved her too much to then risk your life. He could only find some ways to make you run away and hide without saying it directly."
"That makes sense, that's why the box was untouched!" Donghee turned her head to Mark.

Slowly, everything was piecing together. Obviously there were still some lost pieces every here and there but it was progress - they were getting somewhere.

"What's 1? You said there's two meanings." Sooyoung felt words clog her throat. This was going to be a hard one to explain, she knew it.

"Your father..he..he only wants you gone. The only child Daehyun wants alive is Donghyuck. The reasoning is..you were a bet, in a way. When your mother was 5 months pregnant, there was a bet placed between Chanwoo and Daehyun on whether you'd be a girl or boy. If you were born a girl, you'd grow up and work with Chanwoo in Blood Thorn and become the future leader. If you were a boy, then you'd be dismissed. Why he wants to kill you is because he lost and doesn't want to give you to Chanwoo. There's no other way of doing that unless he kills you."

Donghee and Mark were both at shock. There were no words that could form in either of their mouths. She was going to die. She didn't know when that some day was. She could only wish that it wasn't this year. It was only October , she couldn't die this quickly.

yk it took me five days to rewrite all 26 chapters and my friend kept telling me to take a break and kept asking- "why do u basically write essays in ur free time?"

when I say I LITERALLY spend the moment I wake up to the moment I sleep writing, I mean it.....