Chapter 6

Beam

I give Forth a chance. I keep asking myself; am I a masochist? Why the hell do I give him a chance to court me? Haven't I told myself to just let him go?

I hated myself for being so weak. But when it comes to Forth, I AM weak. For a month since we separated, I was suffering. Just hearing his voice and looking at his face again feels like I have my world back. That's how much I love him...

"So, you decided to give him a chance?" asked Kit. That night they all gather in my room, as they always do since my break up with Forth.

"I... I was curious..." I look down. "He said he will court me. I... I never had a chance to be courted before." I blushed.

Kit and Phana look at each other.

"You guys must think that I am stupid..." My eyes start to watered.

"You're not stupid, P'Beam!" said Wayo passionately. "You're just in love..."

I smile at Wayo. "Thank you, N'Yo. You have done everything for me," I said, then look at the boys, "you guys too."

"You are our brother, Ai'Beam," smiled Phana.

"Whatever makes you happy, Beammie. If being together with Forth makes you happy, then go for it," said Kit.

"We are not back together," I refute. "I only give him a chance to court me."

And that's what Forth do.

He shows up every morning in front of my dorm, bringing me breakfast. He asks me every day to go to school with him. For a week I always refused, but then my car is broken and Kit is spending the night in Ming's dorm. And it will take too long to get a motor taxi at this hour, so I accepted his offer.

It feels so good to be on his bike again. I closed my eyes and enjoy our closeness. I want the time to stop. I want to be like this forever but I'm scared. What if someday, Forth realized that I am not someone he loves. What if right now is the guilt that makes him do this?

I get down from his bike.

"Thanks, Ai'Forth," I smile and turn around. But he captures my hand and pulls me.

Cup!

He lands a kiss on my cheek.

My jaw drops. This is in public! And not like in the empty parking lot last time, so many people here. They all are watching us. Many girls blushed and giggled seeing this. Many guys grin and winking their eyes. My face is burning.

Forth just smiles and kisses my hand before letting it go. "I'll see you at lunch, baby."

He left me before I even had a chance to say anything.

I feel the urge to cover my face. Is this courting? Why he already treats me like his boyfriend?

I take a deep breath and go inside the campus building and inside my classroom. Phana and Kit are there already. They are talking seriously while holding their phones. The class hasn't start yet.

"Hi, guys." I sit next to Phana and take my books out.

Phana and Kit look at me weirdly. "Ai'Forth took you to school?" asked Pha.

"Yes. Why?"

Kit shows me his phone. I frowned before I take it. I am dumbfounded.

Someone is posting my photo with Forth in the social media. The photo was taken just a few minutes ago and already have hundreds of likes. In that photo, Forth is kissing my hand and looking at me lovingly. And the caption: 'The university's hot couple is back in the game!'