♧ Epilogue III ♧

Start from the beginning

Sam nodded her head, trying to keep her tears at bay.

"Nathaniel, if it's a boy and Nathania, if it's a girl. The meaning is God has given. I saw it fit because after everything you went through, it's truly a gift from God." Janet spoke.

Sam couldn't hold her tears anymore.

"That's beautiful Ma. Thank you." She brought Janet into a hug.

Janet held her.

"You're a great girl Sam'Riyah and I'm glad you're here in this family, more so for Jeremiah. We've been through a lot I know but it only enhances my appreciation for you. I know that I can leave, knowing someone has my their interests at heart. I leave knowing Jeremiah isn't alone and has someone strong beside him to stand. It's going to be hard Sam'Riyah. He's going to be a mess and he's going to need you. You're gonna need to be strong, okay?" Janet lifted Sam's head to wipe her face.

"You hear me baby?"

"Yes Ma. Just hold on a bit more please. He's not ready yet." Sam held Janet's now weak hand.

"I know but I can't promise that. He's strong but he's going to need help finding all that strength. Relax, we all have an appointed time baby and when it's mine, I'll be fine."

•~~~~•

"Dad, that's not how you do it..." Riley folded her arms, giving her father a strong look.

"He's too old to be doing all'at. That's the problem Riles." Juhuan teased.

"Shut yo ass up! I don't know why that place let you out  to come torment me." Jeremiah complained again for the 3456th time this week.

"Dad, come on!" Riley tried showing her father the new dance once more.

It was actually hilarious as Sam and Janet watched them in laughter.

"I'm going to lay down, Sam. This is too much for me." Janet moved away.

"Alright. I'll wake you when the food gets here." Sam let her know.

Everyone sat watching some old movies when the food finally arrived.

"I have to go and get Ma." Sam let out.

"You relax, I'll go get her," Jeremiah said.

"It's fine, I need to walk anyway."

"Can we at least start eating? By time you're done moving, the food is cold," Juhuan spoke up.

Jeremiah hit him upside his head as Sam rolled her eyes.

"Eat a d-" She stopped, remembering Riley was in the room and Juhuan was daring her to complete her sentence, "Leave me alone, Juhuan."

She made it to Janet's room and saw Janet silently shaking on her bed.

"Ma, what's wrong? Ma?!" She was about to call Jeremiah when Janet grabbed her arm.

She looked down and saw Janet shaking her head 'no'.

"But Ma, you're shaking too much. You need to get help."

Janet shook her head again, holding unto Sam's arm. Sam had tears rolling down her face and it hurt Janet to put her through this but she hoped Sam would understand that she didn't want her boys to last see her like this.