Chapter 10

Third person's pov
Elena wasn’t herself, her head was spinning and all that was ringing in her head was the fact that her daughter had been hurt all because of RYAN.

“looks like Dion was here” Ryan said wanting to head upstairs but I was fast to block him.

“Get out” she said glaring holes at him. He looked taken aback by her words but she looked less concerned. Little Eminia was lost, the kid was just staring at the adults as tears stroll down her face. She was too terrified to talk.

“what do you mean Elena, you can’t possibly kick me out” Ryan said wide eyed at Elena’s behavior.

“oh really, I really can you damn bastard” she spat. Elena was annoyed, her tightened fist was already taking a red color.

“I really want to leave to but I can’t just leave my daughter in danger, I’m pretty sure Dion’s not done with the game and besides I can’t leave my daughter in the hand of a whore like you” he retorted his eyes suddenly hard and cold.

Furious Elena couldn’t hold her anger any longer, she raised her hand and landed him a dirty slap. How could he? ,she wanted to cry but she wouldn’t, not in front of a man like HIM.

Ryan wanted to apologize but it was too late.

Everyone was silent.

Including Richard and little Eminia.

The silence was choking.

Until Elena broke it.

“I wouldn’t let you insult me in front of my daughter” she spoke, her tone was firm and hard. Her eyes had turn red and teary but she would never ever let him see her weak side. She turned to look away trying to suppress her tears.

Eminia who had been quiet all along suddenly muttered “blood” as everyone’s attention turned to her.

“Richard get Eminia to the hospital and have her treated, I have somethings to sort out with ….” She turned her head to Ryan whose eyes was solely on her. Elena couldn’t bring herself to mention his name.

“nope Elena” Richard disagreed in a croaked voice.

“why” Elena asked sizing him up with her small eyes.

“I can’t possibly leave you two at home, that’s gonna be a total disaster and besides Eminia needs you” he muttered the last part softly taking his gaze towards little Eminia who was sat on the floor playing with her small cute bloody finger nails. 

Elena stared at Richard scrutinizing him for a long time before she finally muttered a “fine” making Richard release the breath he didn’t realize he had been holding. He doesn’t think he would be able to handle arguing with Elena.

Richard left with Elena cuddling Eminia in her arms leaving Ryan – to check out Eminia’s room just in case Dion wasn’t done yet – behind.

The moment the car screeched to a halt, Elena rushed out with Eminia cradled against her chest and in less than one minute Eminia was taken to the OR for treatment.

Elena was so pissed at everyone. Ryan, Richard and even pretty little Eminia who couldn’t protect herself from Dion. Yeah she knows how absurd that is but she was just so ANGRY!!!.

DION

His name sounded in her head repeatedly. If she could only have her hands on him, she would shatter him to…..

“Miss shakespear” a young petite nurse appeared by the hallway making her whip her head towards the direction it had come from.

“Please come in ma’am” the nurse who looked like she was in her early twenties said making her stand up. She noticed the nurse was not smiling at her like most nurses do but instead she was SMIRKING!!!

“That’s weird” she muttered to herself before following the nurse who had already dashed back into the corner that she came from.

*****

Elena finally relaxed when she was told that Eminia was now stable. She decided to get Eminia her favorite food and maybe get some cloth with it.

As she was leaving the hospital, she saw that same nurse staring at her again but this time with a smile on her face. She smiled back at her before walking away with Richard by her side.

Richard dropped her off saying he needed to attend to something urgent. Elena opened the door to her house, dropped her bag on the couch and headed towards the kitchen. She was about entering the kitchen when she sighted a figure coming downstairs.

OH MY GOD!!!

She screamed in her head as she ran towards the kitchen as fast as her small legs could carry her.

She rushed into the kitchen in full speed as her hands found the knife, she wasn’t even sure what type of knife she took, she rushed towards the so called intruder but he was fast enough to hold her hand before she could hurt him.

TBC
Is Mariam going to be okay?
Who’s the intruder?
Comment your thoughts ❣️❣️❣️