Chapter 5

Nighttime 7:30 pm EST NYC

Evangelina's Apartment

The last day of daycare has officially ended.

Time for HBO max and popcorn w/ Whitney :)
I returned home, showered, and changed into
comfortable clothes.

I texted Whitney to see if she was prepared to head over. We agreed to have a girls' night at my place.

 We agreed to have a girls' night at my place

*laughs*
Have to love that girl.

Whitney Bexley has been my best friend since my Sophomore year in High school. We're inseparable. She's been there for me since my parents neglected me. Despite my grandparent's care and love for me, she and her family welcomed me with open arms.

After college, we moved to NYC. She works as a makeup artist at Elite Model Management. She loves her job, and she's my rock. She's been there for me, especially during my rough divorce. I will always be forever grateful for her and Stella.

Stella...*giggles* she stalked me at work till I became her friend. She met Whitney, and we became a team like Totally Spies. I've met her husband and her kids, and they are lovely. Her kids call me auntie Lina. Her husband is a lawyer in NYC; he said I'm like the little sister he never had. He even helped me with my divorce. Thank goodness for him. I'm forever grateful for them.

*Door Bell Rings*

*Mei Lings Take out here for delivery* said the delivery boy

*thank you very much*
*closes the door*

I set all the food on the counter and set the plates. A few minutes later, I received a text message, I assumed it was Whitney saying she was here, but I was wrong. It was my EX HUSBAND! How the hell did he get my number after I changed it? What does he want?

 It was my EX HUSBAND! How the hell did he get my number after I changed it? What does he want?

*Why? Why can't he leave me alone? He betrayed me. He broke my heart. He slept with his coworker in my apartment! The apartment we shared while I was at work. I kept asking myself... what If I hadn't come home early that day*?