'Daily Prophet' Article No.2

Daily Prophet

pg. 15 - Tragedies

Attack on the residence of the Potter family!

M. Amerinus, Reporter

Sun Oct 31, 2004

12 GRIMMAULD PLACE, ISLINGTON, LONDON

There has been an attack on 12 Grimmauld Place, the residence of the Potter family!                   The same cloaked figure responsible for the attack on The Leaky Cauldron earlier this year, was behind today's attack that occurred early in the afternoon - at around 2 p.m. The Potters were seated at their dining room table, eating their lunch, when suddenly something crashed into the room through one of the large venetian windows, sending fragments of shattered glass flying across the room. One year old James Potter II was struck in the chin by one of the sharp glass shards, but fortunately the infant did not sustain any serious injuries. He has received stitches at St. Mungo's Hospital and was discharged earlier this evening.

It turned out that the mysterious cloaked figure previously seen at the famous wizarding pub had paid the Potters a visit. He effortlessly landed on the tiled floor of 12 Grimmauld Place's dining room, as gracefully as a black panther. He then swiftly stood up and advanced towards Mr. Potter, who had already recovered from the shock of the unexpected attack, and was now shielding his wife and child with his own body, wand raised.

After instructing Mrs. Potter to take their son and leave the room, Harry Potter engaged in a fierce duel against the intruder. Mr. Potter is renowned for his dexterity with a wand, but although he managed to capably defend himself against his combatant, his attacker proved to be a challenging opponent, revealed to not be merely a ruthless killer, but a proficient duellist as well.

The duel lasted for a rather long period of time, up until aurors from the Ministry of Magic, requested by Mrs. Potter, arrived to aid her husband. Immediately after the authorities arrived - before they even made it to the dining room -, the attacker fled through the same damaged window through which he had entered.

Apart from a few scratches here and there, fortunately, Mr. and Mrs. Potter were unharmed. Regrettably, the perpetrator of the attack has still not been identified up until this moment. Moreover, the motive for his actions is still unknown.

We will report any further news if it should arise.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Harry Potter series - all credit for creating this remarkable universe goes to J. K. Rowling.