"Just open the door Kane," I spoke at last.

"Your wish is my command princess.......Parekh shall I say?" Kane replied, his voice mocking yet tense.

Parekh? Why had he said Parekh. My surname wasn't Parekh.

I mean I know the fool didn't like me very much (understatement of the year) but the absolute least he could do is remember my full name.

Shit. Shit. Shit.We were on a mission.

A spy mission.

Of course I wasn't called Azura Khatri anymore, I was Shanaya Parekh and the guy in front of me wasn't Kane Zhao anymore, he was Alex Wu.

Shit. Shit. Fuckity fuck.

I had just called Kane by his real name.

I looked around hoping Cullen wasn't nearby, inwardly cringing at my stupidity, it seemed Kane was too, for he had already turned around shaking his head as he unlocked the door. It opened with a creak and I faintly heard him step inside.

Wait a minute. He called me Princess again.

If he thought I was just going to let that go he was going to have to think twice.

Hauling our suitcase along with me, I stepped over the threshold and into the room. I gave it a once over, it was not perfect, quite shabby and smelly and very tiny but it would do.

I walked around checking all the exits and entrances, the closets, the bathroom and the kitchen. Next I knocked the walls, checking to see if sound easily carried through them. Surprisingly they were quite thick and well built, however, I wouldn't have put it past The Zander if they had sent someone earlier to sound proof the walls.

Nevertheless, we would need to be careful.

I looked over to Kane who was still standing like a statue in the centre of the room and my attention was drawn to what he was silently looking at.

The bed.

Personally, the sound of sharing a bed with Kane sounded absolutely horrible. The idiot probably drooled in his sleep and the last thing I wanted was to wake up with Kane drool dripping all over me.

However, there wasn't exactly any other place to sleep, apart from the floor I guess.

I looked down at the floor in disgust. There was no way I would ever sleep down there!

As much as Kane annoyed me, however, I was absolutely tired and I needed a nap.

Quickly, I opened up the backpack to find a thin blanket that looked more like a table cloth and an even thinner mattress cover. I groaned, the city wasn't exactly cold, but it wasn't hot enough for such a blanket either, I would need to find a thicker quilt for myself later.

Taking the meagre items with me, I spread the mattress cover on the bed before ungracefully flopping down, kicking off my shoes at the side and shuffling myself further up, throwing the blanket upon me as I did so.

"What are you doing?" Kane asked

"Sleeping, I need a power nap" I replied, burying my head in the pillow that had come with the apartment and tuning my head to face away from him.

"Umm—ok."

"Why? Do you have something to say?"

"No......"

Warily I sat up a little and turned around to face him, "Well clearly you want to say something." I stated

"No, it's fine it's nothing."

Quirking a single eyebrow up, an amused expression settled upon my face at Kane's clear awkwardness, "Well, if it was indeed nothing you wouldn't have been standing there for the last 10 minutes, still as a statue and staring at the bed like a fortune teller stares at the tea leaves in her cup."

"Well-it's just that-it's ju—it's just that well-it's j-it." Kane stuttered unable to find the words.

"Are you stuttering?" I asked unable to keep the smirk from growing on my face.

"No" he replied indignantly

"Well it sure sounded like you were."

"No! I wasn't. I don't stutter."

"Well, spit it out then!"

"Ok, it's just that—well, if you're sleeping there, where do I sleep?"

"Here of course" I replied, nodding my head towards the other side of the bed.

"No but—I can't possibly sleep there!"

"Why ever not? There's plenty of space," I replied calmly, gesturing to the bed which in truth was large enough for both of us to sleep in without having to share any space.

"Because— well I'm— I'm a guy and you're a girl! And I don't want to share a bed with you what if you kick in your sleep?"

I gasped in feigned shock, "How scandalous! The almighty Kane, how dare he be seen in bed with a girl. What a horrid crime!" I exclaimed sarcasm coating my voice.

"No, I didn't mean it like that, I've had women in my bed before! I'm not—"

"Oh no! How will Azura manage to stay away from Kane's manly presence, in bed too. What a challenge!" I laughed, unable to keep the sarcasm away from my tone again.

"No I didn't mean it lik—"

"Don't worry, I'll do my best to keep away from you, I will have a hard time doing so, but if you insist," I said in my best sultry voice whilst batting my eyelashes up at him in a horrendous manner adding in a wink before I bursted out laughing.

I looked up to see Kane red in the face and at a loss for words and my laughter only got louder from there.

"Fine, fine" he said gruffly at last, whilst he walked to his side of the bed, "I was just saying it for you, I wasn't sure if you'd be comfortable and all u know so I was just—"

"Yeh ok whatever," I replied trying my best to stifle another laugh, "I still can't believe you would ever think that I, out of all people, I, would want to seduce you!"

"Ok, but—"

DING DONG

Me and Kane looked at each other in confusion as the doorbell rang. We hadn't been expecting any visitors.

We looked at the door again, wary of what Demir had told us about the whole mission being a trap.

Quickly both of us took out our knives that we had hidden upon our selves coming here and Kane approached the door, his knife hidden behind his back and I stayed on the bed my knife hiding beneath the covers.

DING DONG

Kane gave me one last confused look back before opening door to reveal a tall guy with tousled dark brown hair.

"Hello, there!" He said, his voice low and melodic but somewhat cheerful.

"Hello....?" Kane replied unsure of what was happening, "and you.....are?"

"Oh I'm terribly sorry, I forgot to introduce myself!"

"No worries," Kane laughed still confused like me.

"My name is Cullen," he said, extending out a hand, "Cullen Ledger, I'm your neighbour!"

For those of you who have not read the blurb; enter antagonist