Chapter 11

Y/N POV

Me and Karl made our way back out to the table and finished our food. I had lost some of my appetite, but I ate what I could. Every once in a while he would look over at me to check how I was doing, which I appreciated.

After the meal was done, everyone dispersed, a few people left because of work or other responsibilities they had. Me and Karl went back inside and were just hanging out and talking on the couch like nothing had happened.

Sammy walked up to us and looked at me with a we need to talk look. She faced Karl and smiled.

"You wouldn't mind if I borrowed Y/N really quickly, right?" she asked him.

Karl just shook his head no. With that response, Sammy grabbed me and brought me upstairs to my "room" so we could have some privacy. I sat on my bed, looking up at her confusion.

"Y/N, what happened to you not making a move while everyone was here?" She asked, sitting down next to me.

"...Did you see us kissing?" I asked, cheeks turning red.

"Yes, Y/N. I saw you two kissing. I was following Karl to come check on you." She nodded, looking at me like she wanted me to talk about it...so I did.

"It wasn't on purpose. He came in and helped me calm down and... I just feel so safe around him. I guess I got carried away." I looked down into my lap, where I was fidgeting with my own hands.

"Well I'm proud of you babes." She put a hand over both of mine.

"Really?" I asked, looking back up at Sam.

"Absolutely, you would've never done something like this in high school." she laughed.

I smiled and hugged her. Sammy has always been in my corner, and I'm so grateful for her.

"Now, let's go see your boyfriend." She teased.She stood up and walked towards my door.

"He's not my boyfriend you loser!" I said, standing up and following after her.

"Not yet." She said with a chuckle.

We headed back downstairs, and it seems like the last few people had already cleared out. I sat back down on the couch next to Karl, and his immediate reaction was to wrap his arm around my shoulder. I leaned into the touch, getting myself comfortable.

Sam sat on the couch next to us, and just quietly looked at me and Karl for a moment with a smile on her face. She seemed genuinely happy that I was able to trust Karl this much after what happened with me and Taylor.

I stuck my tongue out at her playfully, and then turned to snuggle into Karl more. His presence was just so...comfortable. Like I know that this is where I'm from, but with Karl I truly feel at home.

"You alright?" Karl leaned into my ear to ask, voice soft and caring as to not startle me.

"Uh, yeah, why?" I asked.

"Just wanted to see, after what happened earlier." He shrugged as much as he could under the weight of me laying on him. "And what did Sammy want to talk about?"

I froze for a moment, thinking about if I wanted to actually tell him. I mean it couldn't hurt, right? We kissed already, it's not like saying we were talking about is going to make this weird.

"We were uh- She saw us kissing. So we were talking about that." I nodded a bit with my words, trying to think of a way to put my thoughts into words.

Karl's face turned pink after I told him what we were talking about, I wonder why.

Karl POV

I honestly forgot we kissed. I was so focused on making sure that they were okay that I totally forgot that we had our first kiss. Sure, it was in the kitchen in an Airbnb, but it was a kiss nonetheless.

"Oh, alright." I nodded and just went back to my phone.

The Mr. Beast Crew was talking about the next video we were supposed to be doing, and I was pretty much required to be there. It was one of the simpler "If you do ____, I'll give you money" videos that Jimmy liked to do in between his big stuff.

Y/N peeked at my phone every once in a while. They were probably intrigued with the fast-moving group chat and what they were talking about. I sent the text I was working on and turned my head to look at the person beside me.

"Who are you texting?" They asked, pointing towards my phone screen.

"Uh, a couple of my friends. We're planning something." I responded, looking back down at the conversation as I heard another buzz from my phone.

"What are you planning?" Y/N asked, seeming genuinely curious.

Crap. I don't know if Y/N knows what I do for a living. I can't exactly lie though, they'll find out eventually. Might as well tell them now.

"Promise you won't laugh?" I asked. I was so nervous to tell them about Mr. Beast for some reason. It's not like they would judge me, he's one of the most popular people and Y/N has always been so supportive of me.

"Of course not, Karl." Hearing them brought a light blush to my cheeks.

"It's a youtube video. I work with Mr. Beast and his friends."

"That's super cool! What kind of video were you guys thinking of?" They were genuinely...interested? I was kind of expecting them to just move on with the conversation.

"I'm not 100% yet. Probably a random ass money giveaway competition." I shrugged and continued reading through the group's messages.

"Do you think you're gonna participate?" They asked, trying to peek over my shoulder at the messages.

"I'm not sure, maybe. We do these a lot. And plus, I'd rather spend time with you."

A/N

Uh hey besties, writer's block is a bitch huh? I'll probably have another chapter published later tonight or tomorrow, cuz I'm kinda on a writing kick right now. Also I need an opinion. Should I do the stereotypical Y/N in a video with Karl or should I have them stay at the Airbnb for the day and just kind of sit in the loneliness for the time he's gone?

Make sure to vote! Comments and follows are always appreciated!

Write Later, Love ya <3