Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

Ethan takes the seat and pats his thigh. I look at his bemused smile then glance at everyone else. Mary quickly hides her satisfied grin behind her cup of tea. Great. Mother and son. Unbelievable.

Putting one arm around his neck, I slide on his lap and sit directly on top of his bulge. He groans in response, pushing up his hip.

With that, exchanging Christmas gifts begin. I got John, my father-in-law now, a bright-colored golf t-shirt. After retirement from his company, he's investing his time in golf. Then I hand Mary a book reading lamp bookmark that attaches itself to the book. I remember it from the time she complained about not having direct light on her books when reading.

One by one, each gift is handed off to the person receiving it. The space around the tree becomes bare, and once again, the Christmas tree becomes the centerpiece of the living room rather than a huge number of presents dominating the area.

Mary stands up and goes around the tree to retrieve the last gift. She comes back with a large rectangle, tall enough to reach her breasts as she carries it. The beautiful gold wrapping does an excellent job of hiding what's underneath, but judging by the shape, one cannot miss the apparent-looking picture frame.

"Merry Christmas, my children. May your marriage stay strong and happy." She stands in front of us and waits for us.

Sliding off Ethan's lap, I reach for the large frame, looking up at Mary. She nods, and I start ripping the front of the wrapped frame.

I gasp. There, on the small triangle cut that I've made, comes out two faces. Ethan and me. I continue pulling at the wrapping until it fell around and reveal the whole picture.

It's a painting of Ethan and me, standing with our hands joined in the middle, holding my bouquet of flowers in our wedding dress. We are smiling, not at the painter or the cameraman. But at each other. Ethan is grinning widely, staring down at me.

I feel a hand on my arm and turn to see Ethan standing beside me, giving me the same smile.

"It's beautiful."

"No, you are beautiful. I wanted to give you something that would be a reminder of how precious your bond is. Of how truly blessed you are to have each other. I wanted this for myself more than for you, I'll be honest. But I figured it is the perfect gift. That way, when you have a conflict or Ethan forgets to put the toilet seat down again, you can look at this and be reminded of your love."

"Thank you." I hug Mary before continuing to stare at the picture.

Love. It is love.

I turn to look at Ethan, who is smiling at the painting. Something passes between us at that moment when his eyes catch mine. Something delicious. Tender. But I can't even name it.

The rest of the day passes with laughter, drinks, jokes, and embarrassing stories of our childhood. The closer we get to the end of the night, the fewer the guests become. Either exhaustion or alcohol finally takes over the majority until it leaves a few of us. My parents have already retired for the night, and Mary and John are saying their last goodbye.

I'm curled by the window, my feet tucked beneath me and a fluffy blanket that I just got as a gift-wrapped around me.

"Hey." I hear Ethan's voice from behind me. He's holding a steamy cup in one hand and an almost empty red wine glass in another. "The food was a bit too salty. Drink up." He hands me the cup of tea and sits beside me on the edge of the L-shaped couch.

I murmur a thank you before accepting the hot cup. We look out to the backyard, where the large swimming pool is now covered with a blue shield to keep out the elements.

"Want to take a dip?" He asks.

"In this weather? No, thanks. Wish we did it in the morning, though." Visit the memory lane.

"There is a jacuzzi. You go get us some towels, and I will see to it." Standing up, he kisses the top of my head before putting his empty glass on the table and walking out.

He kissed my head. That was a first. It made my inside all tingly. I smile as I stand up as well. When I walk out to the backyard and slide the door shut, I have to walk a few steps until I discover the Jacuzzi, already steaming hot. Ethan is already undressed to his boxers, totally unbothered by the cold weather.

"You may put them there." He points to an iron chair off to the side.

With a concerned look up to the windows, I undress to my bra and panties, shivering instantly. Once my body is submerged in the water, that's when my teeth stop clattering like icicles. Using this opportunity, Ethan draws his arms around me and pulls me toward his body.

"Warm enough?" his hot deep murmur mixes with the sound of water bubbling. "You looked absolutely beautiful and radiant today."

"Thank you." I blush like a schoolgirl.

His left hand, draped around my back, starts to wander. At first, it's only lazy grazes of his fingers over my chilled yet hot skin. Then it travels up to my bra strap. He hooks one finger under one strap and starts pulling it down.

"Ethan!" I squeal, try to stop him by distancing myself. Before I know it, he puts his hands on my waist and lifts me off onto his lap. I put my hands on his warm, smooth chest. With my legs wrapped around his waist and his hands holding me down, he stares up at me. I smile down.

"People might see us. Hear us." I tap him on the shoulder so he would let me go. Let's be honest, the warmth of his body pressing up to mine, just as a delicious foreign presence between the apex of my thighs increases, my self-control decreases. Another caresses, and I might just let him do what he wants just so I can reach the climax.

"They won't. It's a bathroom above us, and everyone is asleep." He starts kissing my neck, disarming my protest.

Ethan smirks. He knows he has finally won.

Adult content ahead. Read in your own discretion.

--------

Under the water, his hands do a swift job of disrobing me completely. The only thing covering me is the water reaching my nipples. Once satisfied, he returns his hand and finds the spot between my legs, messaging, swerving, dipping a single digit into my heat.

I arch my back and press my chest to his. Overwhelmed by the sensation, I bury my face into the apex of his shoulder and sigh loudly. He lifts me up off his lap with one arm braced under me momentarily before bringing me down onto his naked member.

Enjoying the control I get to have this time, I sink down to him slowly, knowing he's been carrying the hard-on for the entire day. And if his pain-stricken face wasn't enough indication of how much he's trying to control himself, his hands gripping my hips are. They most likely will leave a bruise on. One that I would wear proudly.

Picking up my rhythm, I rise and fall, eyes on him, watching him watching me. A hand flies to my hair, gripping tightly. I open my mouth but try my hardest not to yell or groan as the wave rises and rises until it comes crashing down. Taking us both with it.

Going limp, I giggle as he wraps his arms around me protectively. I wish this moment would never end.