- Chapter 12 - It Was All Christopher's Fault

As soon as Christopher heard the unexpected and shocking news, his heart was no longer pumping  blood for him;  his heart crumbled into pieces, causing for it to be destroyed forever; he died inside.

"That's impossible," Christopher spoke softly. "Mama...Mama can't be dead. She's...she's alive. I know it!"

"I'm sorry for your loss, Christopher," Officer Plaintiff said apologetically.

Christopher didn't respond. His eyes moved away from the officer and filled up with tears. The tears slipped down his cheeks.

Mama can't be dead, He thought in disbelief and sadness and confusion.

Wait a minute, He thought suddenly, Who the hell was that man Mama was with?

Christopher wiped away his tears and looked up at the officer. "Who was that man my mother was with? Huh? Huh?"

"We don't know. We tried looking for clues, such as his ID, but we couldn't find anything. We thought possibly he was a boyfriend of hers or something?"

Christopher shook his head. "No. Mama's single. She's always been single even before I was born. My father...my father left us, and Mama vowed to not fall in love with anybody else and only focused on raising me."

Then it occurred to Christopher that it was his fault that Samantha died. He grew apart from her, causing her to be lonely and to go out on a date. Therefore, she secretly went out with a man. If Christopher didn't focus so much on finding his true love, then she wouldn't be dead.

What he basically did was that he killed her.