- Chapter 9 - Then the Danger Arrives

"Who are you?" Samantha demanded.

"I told you. I'm Samuel, Samuel Lynch. Remember that we had an online 'relationship'?" He added air quotes around the word 'relationship' as he chuckled, obviously amused.

Samantha's heart rate increased by the second. Within a couple of minutes, she practically needed a pacemaker.

She knew that she put herself in great danger. Before deciding what to do, she silently prayed to God. Dear Lord, I know that I have been extremely naive and rather foolish to meet a guy I met online, and I'm so sorry. But please protect me, Lord. Amen.

"My cousin's been impersonating me online, therefore that was my cousin you've been 'dating'," He put air quotes around the word 'dating'. Then he added, "My cousin's a creepy stalker. I accidentally found out all about that, so I decided to come get you to, you know, protect you."

"You're lying, Sam - " She abruptly stopped speaking, realizing that she almost called that strange psycho Samuel. She finished her sentence with, "I'm calling the cops."

"No, no, you're not."

"Hell, yes, I am!" Her voice began to rise.

"Listen, I'm not planning on harming you in any way," He said gently. "Please don't add any more trouble to it by sending the police here and all that crap, okay? I'm a legit person. Trust me."

Samantha shook her head and scoffed. She pulled out her cell phone, but he snatched it and threw it on the parking lot. It smashed into thousands of pieces. Samantha gasped. She wanted to holler for help, but there was nobody nearby to come and save her.

"So you're gonna listen to me now?" He asked.

Samantha had no choice but to agree. "Yeah, I guess I am," She whispered.

"Good. Then hop in my car. Now."