Chapter 10.

-Vacherie, Louisiana. 1973-

TJ MAYFIELD

Pain.

It's the only word to describe what's happening right now, the only thing I can feel, the only thing that I've ever known. I'm always in pain, but this, this is a different kind of pain.

My whole body feels like it's on fire, every vein in my body now having a feeling, it's fucking painful. The muscles and anything in my body that I never knew existed is now on fire, and I don't know when it will stop, it may never stop.

My brain is also in pain, mentally and physically some how, it's trying to get me through this but the pain is unbearable, that's why my breathes are coming out staggered against the leather belt tightened around my mouth.

My arms struggling to even move as they are being tied down at my sides by more leather belts, they're biting into my skin with every breath I take. It's unbearable and I'm wondering when I will be able to bare it, when I will become numb, because that's all I want; to become numb.

The look in his eyes are something I've never seen before, it's the second time he's ever looked like this; and I know it won't be the last. It's like looking death straight into the eyes, if death was a person, it would be him.

His loud demonic laughs, his heavy breathing, his black eyes: it's something even Satan himself would cower over, Satan wouldn't even look him in the eyes.

I'm scared, I'm very very scared.

-Vacherie, Louisiana. 1973-

MARY JANE MILLER

"It's our last day here in Louisiana and he's making us walk on a beach, what are we on? A school tour?" Ryder groans beside me as we all follow Harry who's happily walking down the beach, pointing out random things to tell us about them.

"I think it's a lovely day for a walk here" I smile as I hear TJ laugh behind me, I turn my head over my shoulder to see him smoking his cigarette shaking his head. His new tattoo visible on his left arm, Harry loves to tattoo him.

"You're only agreeing with him because he gets you off every night bunny" TJ says with a laugh as I kick my foot back causing sand to fly all over him, he laughs and kicks some back at me as I hold up my middle finger walking ahead.

"You know I'm right!" He shouts as I roll my eyes walking behind Harry as he walks us down the warm sandy beach.

It's golden hour and Harry decided to take us on a walk after our smoke session, I don't know why but we all agreed as we're leaving here soon and we want to make the most out of every place we go — even if we're watching a potential serial killer before our eyes.

"Hey Red! Snap a photo of the sunset on your cell!" Niall yells back to me as I gaze at the orange sunset before us, it's beautiful. I look up at Niall who's now being scolded by Harry in private as I furrow my brows looking at him.

He knows we can't take photos on our telephones, they're hooked onto a wall.

"It was a joke! One day you'll be able to take photos of anything wherever you are! I think you'll like that" he says looking at me nervously, his brown hair messy and his black sunnies on his face as he turns back around walking beside Harry.

Weird.

"Alright, I have a surprise for you all" Harry's voice is loud as he stops in his tracks, his white long sleeve button up shirt hanging off his body and his brown shorts showing off his legs perfectly, even the tiger tattoo he likes to brag about. We all catch up standing before him as he smiles widely, loose curls in his eyes as he watches us.