Chapter 8.

-Vacherie, Louisiana. 1973-

MARY JANE MILLER

"That crowd was insane!"

Harry shouts loudly as we all run back stage high on the adrenaline from the show we just performed. A crowd of nearly ten thousand people, it was something from a movie. It was by far one of our biggest crowd yet, people came from different states to see them perform here. It was electrifying to see them all enjoy our presence and love the boys' music.

"That was the biggest crowd yet, right?" TJ asks beside me as Harry nods in front of us confirming my previous thought and TJ's words.

We all walk into the dressing room to see Oscar sat on the leather sofa smoking a cigarette. We all look at one another before he looks up greeting us with a smile. He stands to his feet slinging an arm around Harry.

"There's a line of groupies waiting outside, we can only allow three. Choose wisely" he announces to Harry with a pat on the back before walking out sending me and Amy a wink and a grin.

"Can we even fit anymore people on that bus?" Alfie asks sucking on a freshly lit cigarette as he looks at Harry through black tinted glasses, fur coat on his shoulders with nothing under it and black flares on his legs.

"Apparently we can, Niall, help me?" He asks as Niall groans putting back on his black sunglasses following Harry out in their matching leather suits.

"Why don't they ask you?" Ryder pipes up sat on the dressing room table in his black sparkly jumpsuit matching us three.

"Because I hate choosing people, it's like a human lottery. It's disgusting if you ask me" he admits as we all nod agreeing. It is weird and dehumanising, we did it for a reason, these people do it because they're devoted to the band.

Each to their own I suppose.

"Dude! Let me see the tattoo! H was telling me you both got some last night!" Alfie says breaking the silence, looking at TJ and ushering him over with a nod.

I widen my eyes looking at TJ beside me who looks at us all wide eyed and red in the face. He got a tattoo? When? Where?

"You have a tattoo?" I ask looking him over to try and see where it could possibly be hiding.

"Yeah, we got high and thought it would be a good idea" he laughs it off rolling up the sleeve of his sparkly jumpsuit to reveal a small dark coloured Cherry on his wrist.

Alfie stiffens and then smiles nodding looking at TJ's out stretched arm. They both exchange a look before Alfie pipes up.

"Suppose you better stay with the rest of us next time, that bastard has a thing about tattooing everyone" he jokes as I laugh, TJ laughs nervously rolling down his sleeve again with a gulp.

"Anyway, how are you all finding tour so far? Oh and Red, thanks for the costumes, they're sick!" Alfie says excitedly nodding down at his glares and fur coat I slapped together for him a few nights ago.

"You do know her name is actually MJ" Amy speaks up laughing as she sits up beside Ryder on the table, a cigarette being shared between them.

"No way! Like Michael Jackson?!" Alfie says excitedly as I roll my eyes laughing into the air shaking my head.

"No, Mary Jane" I say between laughs as his smile widens letting out a loud laugh of his own.

"Only joking darling, pretty name" I blush at his words as he smiles at me around the cigarette that's in his mouth.