Chapter 27

Chapter 27-
Carolina's POV:

I could feel his warm arms change their grip on my, holding me closer to him as he lightly nudges my head. A smile found its way onto my face. And I knew Jaxson could see my smile as he lightly laughs and pecks my cheek lightly.

"Good morning." He whispers to me. "Morning." I said, my voice sounding horrible, I wish I didn't speak. He probably noticed my voice, as he sat up and reach over to a glass of water on the bed side table.

I gulped down the water quickly. I handed his back the now empty glass.

"The doctor is going to come to see how you are doing and if you will be able to come home today." He told me. "Home." I repeated to myself.

He smiled down to me grabbing my hand and holding it to his mouth as he kissed it. "Home." He repeated back to me.

We sat there silent for a another moment when Dr. Tina walked in seeing the scene before her. "I apologize Alpha King, Luna Queen. Would you wish for me to come back later." She asked bowing her head, already moving out of the doorway back into the hallway.

"No, no, It's ok Dr. Tina. We were actually waiting for you." Jaxson told her standing up from the small bed and moving to the side so Dr. Tina could do what she needs to do.

"Well. Ok then." She nods and moves to close the door behind her. "How are you feeling this morning Luna Queen?"

"Better." I told her. She smiled, "That's good. May I see your arm." She asked. That was the start of her quick check up on me.

"She looks like she is healing just fine. Your healing has become a lot faster now that you are healthier." She informed me.

"Thank you doctor." I said sighing. "Am I ok to go back home now?" I asked, noticing the smile Jaxson had on his face. "I would say it is safe. Knowing Jaxson will do everything to make sure you aren't over excreting yourself." She said nodding at him.

"Definitely." He agreed without a second thought.

She nodded before telling us what we needed to do and how to best to keep up my better health. Jaxson had got Tyler to bring me some clothes which I quickly change into and out of this horrible gown.

Once I was changed I was ready to go back home. Jaxson seems relieved as well to have me back. As he opens the front door I notice the different furniture, probably from Jaxson's rage.

"I like it." I told him looking over seemingly nervous about my reaction.

"Really?" He asked unsure. "Yeah, it's a nice change." I smiled.

He seemed to let out a breath of relief. "Well, that's good. Would you like to come with me to the office. We have some stuff we have to do." He told me. I nodded excited we were back to the way it was, with me helping him.

There were papers scattered everywhere, so the first thing I did was start organizing them all. Putting the different file type where they belonged. The was till on with Kathrine's name on it caught my eye.

"What is this for?" I asked.

"Oh that's their admission form. From becoming pack members from rouges." He told me. "I just need you to sign it and then start the planning for the ceremony.

"Is that the address they are living at?" I point out on the paper. "Yeah. Would you like to go pay a visit tomorrow?" He asked me.

"Yes, but I would like to do it on my own if you don't mind. I have a few thinks I want to ask them." I told him, but he seemed to have already guessed I would request that.

"That's perfectly ok, butterfly." He said making me smile.

We continued our day working through different pack work. And as it was getting late we ate our dinner and called it a night. It was the first night in awhile I sleep this good. I am back on a bed next to my mate, safe and home.

I didn't dream of anything just slept, regaining all my energy. Only to be woken up the next morning by Jaxson moving around. I couldn't slip out of his grip so I just decided to relax in his hold till he awoke himself.

He pulled me closer to him as he finally stirred awake and whispered next to my ear in his gruff voice "Good morning."

I turned around to look at him and respond "Good morning sleepy head." back to him. "What time is it?" He asked.

I looked at the clock and was actually surprised by the time "It's 9:25" I thought it was much later. "Not so much of a sleepy head then." He groaned out as he released me and stretched out his limbs.

I didn't move away from him, instead I just laid my head on top of his chest. He relaxed back down and looked at me with a smile. "You are in a cuddly mood." He pointed out wrapping his arms around me again.

"Well after being pushed away by my mate and the taken away, I think I have a right to be cuddly." I said in a light tone but it seemed to hit him hard. "Sorry. I didn't mean to say it like that. I missed you is what I was trying to say." I said regretting my wording.

"It's ok, and I missed you too. A whole lot." He said tightening his grip. I lifted myself up his body a bit so now my face met his and took a brave breath before connecting our lips together. He moved his hand to my face holding me there for an extra second before letting my pull away.

A smile now back on both are faces, forgetting about what I said and relaxed back to cuddle.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|