"They're saying to get into that car." I pointed over to one of the other cars, as I handed him the luggage. "If you don't understand what they are saying, just say that you don't understand. Most of these officers have taken a forein language course and will be able to direct you to someone who can explain what's going on. I'll see you later, bye."

"Okay, bye." The small tilt in his nod gave off the aura of professionalism. He started off towards the second automobile.

The ride to the military base, that I requested to be brought to, was quite long. Nature's wonders cascaded over my eyes, as if they were a sight that I had seen every day. In all honesty, they felt that way to me. I had already been on this Earth for more than a century, and the possibility of eternal life grew closer each and every day that my country thrived.

I sighed. However, with those chances of life, came instances like this.

Brimming war.

Wars only had one winner.

And there was no telling which way the world would favor.

The car parked itself in an underground garage, though it was more like a warehouse for weapons. Small, one-man planes were positioned on one side, while the other had people bustling about a selection of rockets.

I cracked open my door and was ushered into a different set of doors. Inside of this room was a set-up podium in front of a camera. The walls were an off-white color, while the podium was a vibrant brown.

Nerves snuck into my brain and made me subconsciously adjust my tie. I never really liked these types of events. They were more my father's specialty than mine. Standing there in front of a judgemental camera crew, blinding lights, and having to speak perfectly from a speech that has been edited beyond recognition.

Overwhelming.

That was the only word that could describe what this felt like.

I took a deep breath, set my bag on my back onto a nearby chair, and pulled out the small stack of papers in the back. This was impromptu; not planned in the slightest. I basically had several plane rides to generate ideas, run them over with my 'editor', and compose a fully fleshed out presentation on what has been happening recently.

My head shook a bit. I was getting myself worked up. This would go well. I was practically obsessed over every word, it's meaning, and where it was placed.

I had a plan.

The sound of my shoes hitting the tiled floor sprang the television crew to life, as I saw the red light on their contraption start blinking. I set my papers down, thought about why I was doing this, and opened my mouth.

"Good evening," Russian felt weird on my tongue, but I pressed on anyway. "It has been quite a while since I was last seen in the public eye. The reason for my absence is that there were other, more pressing, issues that garnered my attention. However, during this time of departure, I was made aware of forces culminating on some neighboring islands, and especially on the Alaskan border with the COS."

"Among these forces were devastating weapons that caused panic in our government, for these were not there when the United States of America was still in power. Thus, the conclusion that has been reached is one that signifies that the Cabinet of States has ill intent to cause harm to us."

I glanced down at my papers, "We are doing everything in our power to keep you and your families safe. There are several safe spaces in cities across the country that are built to withstand nuclear fallout if it does indeed come down to that. Officials in your province will direct you to where you can find your local shelter. The most important thing that you can do is keep calm. This is only speculatory as of now, and we will do our best to make sure that you are educated in how to handle any and all situations that might come your way."