No matter how distant Clay felt from the world, George always made him feel a little bit closer.

Maybe he could finally sleep now.

He was floating over the clouds, jumping from one cloud to the next.

Deep down there was the castle, sparkling in the morning sun. 

Clay sat down on one of the clouds, tearing off a small piece of it and letting it float in front of him.
Watching the tiny cloud float up and down made him feel like a small child and he laughed.

"Why did you do that?"
Clay spun around at this voice.

George was standing on a cloud that was a little further away, his arms crossed and a disappointed expression on his face.

"Why did you do that?"
He repeated.

"What do you mean?" Clay stood up aswell, holding the little piece of cloud on his hand.

"Everything." George said.

Then he turned around and jumped on a bigger cloud, running away over it.

"Wait!" Clay called but George was already surrounded by more and more clouds, they were getting thicker and slowly changed from a beaming white into a threatening grey.

A strong gust of wind blew strands of his hair in his face, causing him to squint.

He stumbled backwards but his feet just went through the clouds.

He fell, deeper and deeper while the piece of cloud in his hand disappeared into raindrops which flowed down his arm before they turned bright red.

Clay's blurred dreams were interrupted by the door slamming open.

At least three soldiers were standing in the door frame, furiously fixating Clay with their orange beaming eyes.

To his surprise they had guns with them. 

"Get up, boy and follow us. Try to run and we will not hesitate to shoot you."

Clay sat on the floor of his room, frozen in shock, still trying to think clearly after just waking up.

What did that mean? Did those soldiers go crazy? Why did the strongest people in the castle need guns?

He slowly got to his feet, eyeing the weapons in the soldiers' hands skeptically.

"Out!" One of them shouted and Clay did not dare to argue.

In silence the three soldiers escorted him out of the room and through the hallways of the castle, several Pretiosi standing in front of the walls to their left and right, following Clay with their eyes.

As they reached one of the moving rooms in which two more soldiers were waiting, Clay realised that the weapons were because of him. 

The room moved down and down, apparently not stopping any time soon.
They had to be below the castle already.

Clay was standing in the middle of the room, surrounded by the grumpy looking soldiers, very much aware that one wrong movement could mean his death.

He racked his mind why they lead him through the entire castle. Did they find something in his DNA that could be concerning?

But it struck him very soon when the room finally stopped and an underground dungeon appeared in front of him as the doors opened.

Clay immediately shivered due to the cold which was hanging under the low ceiling.