(23) I Promise

Dream opened his eyes and saw Fulga on the floor because he used is power to direct the electricity back at her-

Nah just kidding
It's too early for a happy ending :)
But there you are, comffyyboo, that's how the chapter started lmao

But first welcome back everyone!
Thank you all so much for 17K reads and over 1K votes ahh this is incredible!
I really enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope you like it too.
If you do, a vote and/or comment would make my day :)

I've said thank you to everyone who votes and comments so often, now I wanna take a moment to appreciate the silent readers. If you don't want to vote or comment, that's alright, I still appreciate you reading the words and sentences I wrote down and following my story.
Because that's the beauty of writing, knowing how many people read my story even though I don't exactly notice them individually like it happens with voters and commenters. Thank you to everyone reading this!
Enjoy!

The moment after the white, empty place had disappeared, Clay woke up to an unfamiliar, buzzing environment.

His head hurted too much as that he could open his eyes so he tried to detect information with his other senses.

The air was stuffy and by the barely noticable smell of the room he knew that he had not been to this place before.

Overall it was really warm and his clothes exposed him to the heat as they were longer than usual and felt strangely soft.

Someone must have changed my clothes.
The thought made him extremely uncomfortable.

Did the bolt of lightning burn his old clothes?

The memories of what had happened slowly crept back into his mind.

He had been laying on a bed in his new dormitory, George with him.
The memory made Clay's face heat up slightly. What had happened then? 

They had not noticed how a person had come in- Fulga! the voice in his mind shouted.

Fulga must have seen them, her voice still echoed through his head.

She must have shot lightning at him, making him unconscious.

Confusion started to form.

How did he not die? Getting struck by lightning was not something he would survive, especially not if it was created by a Pretiosi power.

Did George save him?
It had to be like this.

But…

The white place appeared in his imagination.

What had that been?

It had been only in his head for sure.
He remembered colors, floating and swimming, collapsing and rising again-…

What did that mean?

Thinking about the white, empty place made his head ache as something silverish flew by and he tried to lead his thoughts in a different direction.

He tried to hold on to the memory, but the silver thing pushed it away and made it unreachable.

Clay heard people mumbling and talking to each other but it sounded like they were behind a thick wall.

One of them sounded furious but he could not understand a single word.

Clay slowly opened his eyes, needing some time to adjust to the bright light of the room.