(16) George Henry Ignis

Hiii!
I'm a bit late with the chapter, but here it is!
I just wanted to make clear again that Clay's siblings in this story have nothing to do with his siblings in real life, I don't know how many siblings Dream has and I don't want the characters of this story to be connected to them in any way. Thanks :)
If you enjoy this chapter, feel free to leave a vote or a comment or both, that would make my day :D
I hope you have a good day/night :)
Anyways, enjoy!

Clay did not know what to do.

He was wandering around in George's room, the white goggles which surely belonged to Henry tightly in his hands.

The thoughts in his head drove him crazy- it all did not make any sense.

What were Henry's glasses doing in George's room? This had to be wrong. It could not be Henry's glasses. But they looked exactly the same- it was a very unique frame and Clay had never seen another Pretiosi with white goggles.

There were only two options Clay could imagine- either Henry was somewhere near this room and George might be hiding him- or they both were the same person.

As absurd as this thought was, it seemed way more likely to Clay- even though he did not want to admit it.

This has to be a coincidence. George is George and Henry is Henry. And Henry is not here.

The words in his mind sounded ridiculous.

But how could George be Henry? They did not have a lot in common- except for their look maybe.

Clay did not want Henry and George to be the same person because it would mean that George had lied to him.

The thought hurt.

Would he lie to me? He never mentioned Henry. He would have told me. Wouldn't he?

Clay needed answers. He desperately waited for George to come back, but on the other side he wished to never see the Prince again.

He was scared of the confrontation.

What would he say?

The sound of a key turning in the door lock made him jump.

The fluttering feeling in his stomach when he saw George stepping into the room mixed with fear- panic about the truth.

The Prince closed the door and let out a sigh.

"Sorry about that. But honestly you should be careful about how you're talking to us Pretiosi. I have no problem with you being disrespectful but- well, you just saw how others react. Fulga especially, her noble position is very important to her."

The Prince sighed.

"Well, anyways, about the la-"
George stopped dead, staring at the white goggles on Clay's hand. He raised his eyebrows and Clay could not tell if it was out of anger or something else- but he had to know.

"I told you not to touch anything."
George's voice was colder than Clay had ever heard it from him.

"I- I'm sorry-" his fast beating heart made it hard for Clay to breathe.

"I just- I saw these glasses-… and I need to know- are you- where is Henry? You know him."

George stared at him.

"Please." Clay added, afraid that George would just ignore his rude question or be mad about the way he talked to him.

George sighed again and walked over to his bed, sitting down. He looked over to Clay, a torn look on his face.