7.Strange Girl

No pov
Smoke billowed from the town as the fire consumed half of it.
Desperate cries for help as bandits and unknown knights marched into the town killing whoever they could find.
(Y/n) pov
"Urgh... Wa" my head was pounding hard like somebody was smashing it in with a sledge hammer.
My vision was blurry and the smoke was making it hard to breathe.
I forced myself to stand and held onto the wall to steady myself when it looked like something was coming my way "What is-" my vision cleared right then and I saw it was bandits charging at me, I tried pulling my sword out but he kicked me to the ground first.
"Haha this is gr-" before he could finish he was cleaved in two by the waist.
"Lady Despia!" Shion called out and helped me up.
"What happened?"
"The bandits are already here and they brought what looks to be knights. They launched fireballs at the village like the cowards they are" she said checking me for wounds.
"Where's Raven?" I asked her seeing Noelle, Sinon, Emily and those kids safe.
"She is heading to the front line right now"
"Then I know where I'm going. Noelle lead Emily and the kids back to the tavern, Shion help Noelle then look for any survivors and try and take them back, Sinon scout ahead and find Raven for me" I ordered them
"Understood" Sinon replied and ran ahead, Noelle nodded and carried the wounded Emily on her back and lead the kids with her.
"What are you going to do Lady Despia?"
"Find Raven and find out what shit were in" I told her and ran down the street.

The fire and smoke only got more intense the closer to the front of the town I got. Houses which used to home families nothing but burning rubble now. 'This isn't good, we got taken by surprise and now the town folks are  paying for it' Further down the street I saw a group of armed people wearing Knight armor searching for something 'Does Saber have a squad of knights?'
I slowed my approach and hid behind a wall and observed the group while hidden "Where are they, you know the boss will be pissed if we don't find them" one of the knights said.
One of the knights ripped of a price of wood and threw it to the side, he turned to look back and appeared shocked before he was knocked over after blocking a blow with from Jack  as he came running out through the unblocked pathway.
Jack recovered quickly before he turned to the others and suddenly realised he was surrounded. "God I swear he has a death wish"
"Filthy little peasant!!" Jack blocked one of the knights blade but was brought to his knees by a slash to the back of his knee by another one behind him.
Amazingly he stood back up despite his injury but was swiftly beaten down and the guards started kicking him. "The boy still wants to fight hahaha!!" the guards laughed at his efforts to continue.
I got out from my hiding spot and made my way towards them "Ok, OK I think that's enough.The boy's just wound up, so let's let him off the hook, k?"

Jack's pov
The knights all turned to face the masked girl all of them stood with open expressions like she wasn't any danger to them. If only they knew what I saw before "And uh who the hell are you, his girlfriend? Hahaha, you got bad taste lady. I can show what I real man is like" the leader said unlike the others he was the only one wearing a helmet unlike his fellow knights.
"Oh then would you mind bleeding for me?" she replied drawing her two swords already drenched in blood and dripping onto the floor. "Hmm?" the aura emanating from her turned deadly and all the knights completely changed in demeanour even stepping back like they would be crushed under the pressure she was exerting.
Even the leader seemed to be struggling to stay his ground but he did..... Unlike some of  his knights.
"Fuck this!! I-I'm leaving"
"She's a vampire of something I'm not sticking around either!!"
Some of them began to flee "You cowards!Stand and fight!" the leader became enraged and he decided to charge Lady Despia.
"Martial art:Quick step!" he said and suddenly increased in speed reaching Lady Despai in a blink of an eye.
Despia blocked his blow but suddenly a small cloud of particles flew off her showing she wasn't covered in blood at all.

No pov
As the Knight captain struck your swords the bloody illusion disappeared into a cloud of particles "You damn trickster!!"
"Why didn't you just run away like EVERYONE ELSE?!? you shouted a tht ecaptain and pushed him back
"Because I'm not a coward!!"

(Y/n) 's pov
'They had to have a smart one... Whatever happened to the useless minions?'
I tried getting closer but he swung broadly forcing me back.
He was carrying a Zweihanher giving the advantage in lenght, keeping me at a distance was his best bet and he definitely knew that aswell.
His speed was also a problem 'He said martial art. I never took classes on it but isn't that more hand to hand. So what hell is it?'
I forced out my thoughts as he charged forward trying to pierce me but he missed and I seized the opening "Gotcha!" I swung at his hand to disarm him but he suddenly swung at my stomach.
I stepped back and noticed the small lines of blood on my stomach "Your quick aswell, I'll give you that" he said and showed me his left hand showing his clawed fingers with a tiny bit of blood on them.
"Thanks but i don't like taking compliments from someone I don't know especially people burning down an innocent town" I retorted
"Innocent? INNOCENT?!? Do you not know who these people are!?!
"We're just a random town you bastard!!" Jack back to standing shouted at the captain.
"You! Liar!!Kill-" I took my shot while his back was turned and attacked, it just scratched the his armor and he relatiated.

The captain smashed the hand guard into your face disorientating you before following up with a right side slash with the blade to your mask only for it to bounce off "The hell is that mask made of?!?"
"No clue!" you told him and kicked him in the stomach with a strenght enhanced kick, denting the armor and sending him into the wall.
He stopped moving "Must be uncons-"
"Argh" I turned back and saw Jack being overwhelmed and saw a Knight he couldn't see about to bring his blade down on him.
"Jack!!" I didn't even think and blinked towards Jack and instinctively swung... Cutting the knight's arm clean off and stabbed him in the stomach with my right blade.

Jack pov
I pushed the knight off me and prepared for a follow... but it never came the knight stopped in his tracks in shock.
I tuned around and saw Despia standing behind as a Knight dropped to the ground bleeding heavily from his stomach "George!!" the knights shouted and rushed to him.
Despia didn't make a move towards them instead she stood still looking at her blood soaked blade "Hey you-"
"Argh!!" I saw the captain charge at Despia.
She briefly snapped back to reality to block the blow, I had a chance and seized it, I raised my sword and swung at the captain and struck his helmet breaking it apart.
I tried following up but Despia blocked my attack as the captain collected himself.
"What? What was that?!?" I shouted at her before turning my attention back to the captain who now recovered.
The captain looked at me as long blonde locks of hair fell backwards clearing the face.... "You. You why did you-You hurt my men and now you-" the captain was a woman, her face was soft like that of a village girl despite the blood seeping from her headwound with blue eyes as clear as the sky.
Despia ignored her and walked towards and presented her with a red vial "For your injured"
"What? What are-"
"Take it and leave now before you can't"
The captain took the vial from Despia and went past her to her own men and gave the potion to her man which instantly healed his wounds.
'This is stupid she gave them the upper hand again' I raised my sword but they didn't instead they fleed "Wh-" and before I could do anything they were gone,I faced Despia full of questions. She took her mask off and looked at me eyes full of what looked like regret "Why did you let them leave? We should have killed them!"
"Have you ever killed anyone Jack?" she asked "Hmpf, I thought so. Jade?"
"Yes Master?" the green assassin gurl responded appearing from nowhere.
"Take Jack back to the tavern, don't let him run off"
"Hey wait! Who are you to tell me what to do! I still need to find my sister. I still need to defend my town!"
"Your sister is already at the tavern waiting for you,as for your town. That's why you hired us. To defend it" she said putting her mask back and leaving, heading further. Into the burning town.

End
---------
Brain melting, too hot, plz kill me
Hope you enjoyed this short interlude chapter