Six

Olivia's P.O.V.

"Fuck man," I say as I take a seat beside Meredith at Joe's and wave at Joe to send me my usual drink.

Honestly, I might drink a lot of tequila shots.

"You heard?" Meredith asks me before I look at her confused.

Meredith looks out of the ordinary. She is not her quirky, happy normal self, she looks devastated and extremely sad. I assume Derek ditch their date tonight as they were supposed to be together tonight.

"That Alex has been sleeping around with other people? Yes. How does that affect you? Please tell me you haven't slept with him. It already sucks enough that George's girlfriend currently is." I say out of shock before she looks at me confused.

There is no way we both are here because Alex broke our hearts.

"Derek has a wife," Meredith tells me before I nod.

How did Derek not tell his girlfriend that he was married? Honestly, I would have expected better from Derek. I mean it is Derek.

"Is she a bitch?" Meredith asks me.

I know Meredith wants to make herself feel better and I feel like I should help her. I mean in the condition she is in, I should probably help her but I have never been a person that lies.

"Honestly I am not her biggest fan and she will make hell while she is here," I tell her before she nods.

"You know what maybe you need a full glass of tequila on me," I tell her to try and cheer her up.

"Thank you, I might regret it in the morning but I need it now." She says responding to that before I smile and Joe hands me my drink and I order for her.

"I got a call today saying I won the Harper Avery Award. The first person I was going to tell was Alex during our official date but here we are. So you are the first person to know. I guess I can not have everything after all." I tell her before I took a big sip of my drink.

"You what!" Meredith screams happily before I chuckle.

"That is amazing, wow it is an honor to be drinking with you. Let me text the others to come join. This is your night." Meredith continues to say as she is happy for me.

"Let's get wasted." I tell her after she texts the other interns apart from Alex to come over to Joes'.

"Hey, sorry if I am interrupting. I saw you across the bar and thought you were gorgeous. I'm Jack." The handsome guy that approaches me said.

Jack is not the highest, I would say about 5'11, and dark brown short hair and brown eyes. Handsome for sure, hopefully not an ass like Alex. However, I feel like I recognize him.

"Olivia," I say introducing myself to him before I noticed Meredith moved from her seat.

~~

"Congrats!" Derek says before he brings me into a tight hug after I enter the surgical floor.

"Too much affection," I tell him as he lets me go and we exchange nights.

He must have had a shitty night. I mean he does not want Addison back... not that I know. Hopefully, he does not want her back.

"I can not believe you did not tell me yesterday," Derek whispers to me before I nod at him.

"You had a pretty important date," I respond back to him before he shakes his head.

"No female will ever be more important than you. Now let's go to the conference room." Derek says before we start our walk there.

"I know you guys did not throw me a little surprise party at the conference room," I tell him before he chuckles.