𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 20.5 - 𝘾𝙝𝙤𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚!

The kiss didn't last long. In fact, it was more like a peck, Taeyong quickly pulling away with a shocked expression on his face.

"I shouldn't have done that." He spoke, his voice hushed and soft. His eyes were wide, the whites of his eyes on display and his lips agape and forming a perfect 'O.'

I smiled, looking away and down towards my lap, knotting my fingers together, "It's fine. I don't mind."

Taeyong didn't say anything immediately after, I saw in my peripheral vision how his fingertips came up and glided across his bottom lip, both of us in shock at the moment that occurred. But still, I didn't regret it.

After a few moments of silence, just the crackling of the fireplace filling the room, did I turn to him, catching his eyes with my own, "I don't mind." I reminded him with a gentle smile.

He smiled back, before speaking, "I want to do everything I can the right way. I don't want to force us to fall in love because the universe says so. I don't want you to fall in love because I say so." Taeyong still smiled by the end of it, but my heart didn't. He must've felt the deep pit in my chest growing, "Please don't be upset." I nodded, deciding it would be best to be open about my feelings. What else would there be to lose?

"I understand. I want you to know that I did want you to kiss me though. I didn't fake it because you kissed me first, I wanted to." The words were awkward, I had never spoken to another person let alone another man in such a way. But, I trusted the universe. And I trusted the man before me.

He nodded, "I'm glad to hear." A small smile began to form, before he turned his face away from me, as if to hide the smile, but I still caught it. This caused me to also shyly smile.

I sighed, deciding I had nothing else to hide, "I'm glad, also. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with such feelings." I paused, "It's sudden."

He nodded, his eyes looking over to my own finally, "It is. I don't want to think that it's just because we were told we were soulmates, but for an actual connection." I nodded, agreeing to his words. My heart yearned for more, but he was absolutely right. We didn't need to rush, but instead to let the universe work it's magic just as it already had. We didn't need to do anything more, and when the time would be right, the universe would show what it has in store for us.

Yet still, I wanted his affection. I knew personally that I wanted to be loved by him, openly. That one day I wanted us to be a real couple. He saved my life and has proven time and time again with his words that change has came. And so badly did I want more to come, and more kisses to follow. It was sudden, absolutely, but it felt so right.

He spoke up once again, breaking me from my thoughts, "Would you like to go cook in the kitchen with me?" I quickly nodded, excited to eat some of my favorite items from back on Earth, like pizza and cookies.

I began to stand up, watching as he followed me, standing at my side. I lead the way to the door, walking just a few paces ahead of him as we prepared to exit the study. Just as my hand was about to pull on the door knob, his hand caught my left one, stopping me in my tracks.

I turned back to him, shock written all over my face, before he leaned in, pressing another kiss to now my cheek. Immediately, blood rushed to the spot of contact, a blush forming as he pulled away with a sweet smile on his face.

"Last one for the time being." He spoke, his voice just loud enough for me to hear, before his hand reach around my body and opened the door for us, taking a step around me and out the door as I tried to collect myself.