𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 12.5 - 𝙁𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙍𝙞𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙨

The inside of the palace was huge, overwhelming even. The man with the fire red hair kept me on edge, his gaze alone could've made me cry. Nonetheless, I followed his every move through the palace, starting with the grand entrance.

There wasn't much decorations, but the entire space reminded me of a medieval castle, all of the drapes, rugs, and carpets being dark themed, or the color of blood. The cement, and brick-lined walls were illuminated by candle light in most places, but as we moved through the castle, I couldn't help but to notice some modern appliances and luxury of the living world, such as lamps. Overall, the place was creepy, and uninviting. I hated everything about it, and couldn't imagine actually living in this enormous castle.

But, it wasn't a castle tour. I wasn't viewing it for fun, I was following a strange man through what I assumed to be his home, with no idea where I am, or where he'd be taking me.

My eyes were wide, partially in shock, but also in fear. My jaw was clenched closed, my eyes cautiously searching the space as I feared where I was. The stranger turned back to look at me for a moment, his eyes rolled as he turned back to continue walking through the palace.

"You look petrified." He huffed in a way that seemed sarcastic, "Fucking ridiculous."

It was almost as if he read my mind as we walked through the dark hall, as if he could here my thoughts, and see just how scared I was. Once again the hall was only illuminated by the flickering glow of candles, when he began to speak once again.

"Did you just die?" He asked, again looking over his shoulder at me for a moment, before stopping at a pair of heavy, wooden double doors. His voice was deep, and nearly just as intimidating as his castle. What a nice guy..

"I-I think so. I don't know how long it's been." I stuttered, watching as he opened the doors, the room revealing itself to be a magnificent library, the walls lined to the roof, which wasn't visible. The room grew darker, and darker the higher the walls stretched. A fireplace sat in the room as well, along with a single table, and a single rocking chair. It was overall the warmest, and most inviting of what I had seen of the castle.

I stood just inside the door, my arms crossed as I attempted to stop myself from shaking, nerves wracking my body. I watched him grab a few books from the shelves, carefully selecting the ones he wanted. I was confused, but didn't want to question him. The expression on his handsome face was one of anger, and concentration. He carried a full stack to the table, setting them down with a rough slam. The sound echoed harshly off each wall and caused me to jump at the sound.

He looked up at me slowly, his eyes sharp and they appeared to have the worst thoughts in mind just behind them. He did not seem nice. I noticed the annoyed expression seem almost disgusted, his eyes racking my body.

"You can sit down." He spit at me, before looking to his books and picking one out of the pile. I shook my head, too frightened to move closer and more comfortable by the door.

He snorted when I didn't join him at the table, his fingers quickly flipping through the yellowed pages as he seemed to search through the information, "You'll be standing a while then." I gnawed at my lower lip, quickly realizing. It had been so long since I had been around others, I couldn't help my nervous tendencies.

He continued searching through each page, his eyes flickering through the words quickly before he spoke again, "Don't worry, I'm going to find a way to pour all of your energy back into me. Where it rightfully belongs. I'm going to get to the bottom of it." I didn't understand what he said, even as I stood there picking through each word individually. What energy? Maybe the electric, tingling feeling I felt as I arrive here? And what did he mean pour all of my energy back into him? How could I take something from a person I had never met?

I had so many unanswered questions, but I knew they'd continue to go that way. I didn't know what the man was capable of, or what his goal with me here was. I didn't even know why he disliked me so greatly.

I continued to stand just inside the room, watching the unnamed stranger flip through the book, barely making a dent in it, hundreds of pages still left to go, along with the other books now spread across the table.

I took the first step into the room, his eyes never looking up from his reading. I slowly made my way in, sitting at the chair across from him, his attention never once turning to me. I could've sighed in relief, I wanted to prevent him hurting me again all I could.

So, this is what Hell is like, huh? Just a large castle with a grumpy man inside. Could this be Satan? I didn't really know much about Hell, or any other myths about the place. I couldn't apply much knowledge to this place, I didn't know much about it. I wasn't even sure if this was Hell, or if this could be Satan. Surely, Satan would be much scarier looking, right? Inhuman, even?

I laid my arms crossed on the table before laying my head on them, thinking about all the decisions I had made to get me into this exact position. The occasional sound of the pages flipping and the fireplace crackling was the only sounds that filled the huge library, but I didn't mind. It was comfortable, in a weird and scary way.

Everything about the situation was scary, I couldn't lie to myself about this fact. But, the comfort this room brought, along with the cozy fireplace tied everything together. And soon, I found myself falling asleep with my arms folded together atop the table, and the man continuing to angrily search for information that was unknown to me.