O h N o

Kiyotaka Ishimaru's pov:

(M) "Taka, why couldn't we have took the damn bike?"

(I) "Exercise is important, Mondo! Walking is very healthy."

(M) "I know that! But c'mon, this is taking fuckin forever!"

Mondo has been complaining ever since we started walking! I'm tired of taking the bike everywhere, and we need to stretch our legs!

(M) "Where are we even going anyways?"

(I) "The store, I told you that already!"

(M) "Oh, yeah."

I sighed and continued walking. Mondo kept up with me, squeezing my hand every now and then. We passed by a couple shops, mainly clothing and jewelry stores. 

(M) "Taka are we there yet-"

(I) "Mondo, no."

(M) "This sucks! We should've took the bike."

(I) "Are you going to complain the entire way there?"

(M) "...Probably."

I let out an exhale and rubbed my head. We passed a few more stores before going past a certain building that made Mondo stop in his tracks and yank me backwards!

(I) "Mondo?"

I looked at the store Mondo was staring and...

oh no

It was...a pet store, one that had puppies in the window...

(M) "Taka..."

(I) "Mondo, no-"

(M) "Taka!"

(I) "Mondo, listen to me-"

(M) "TAKA!"

(I) "Calm yourself!"

(M)"TAKATHEREAREPUPPIESOHMYFUCKINGGODLOOKATTHEM"

(Translation: TAKA THERE ARE PUPPIES OH MY FUCKING GOD LOOK AT THEM)

I sighed once again and held my face in my hands while Mondo made smooching noises at the glass. This is ridiculous! I can't take this man anywhere if he sees a dog!

(M) "Oh look how cute you are, yes you are oh you're all so cuteeee."

Does he realize the dogs can't here him? Whatever, we're going to be late if we stay here like this!

(I) "Mondo, we have to go now!"

(M) "But Taka look at them!! We can't keep them here by themselves!"

(I) "Mondo, I bet plenty of people stop by here and play with the dogs, but we have to get going."

(M) "BUT TAKAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Oh why me.

(M) "LOOK HOW CUTE THEY ARE, WE NEED ONE!"

(I) "Mondo no we do not!"

(M) "BUT I HAVEN'T HAD ONE IN FOREVER AND I MISS CHUCKKKKK"

(I) "They aren't even the same breed as Chuck!"

(M) "SOOO THEY'RE STILL DOGS, TAKAAAA I WANT THE PUPPYYYY"

Mondo begged and walked towards me, grabbing my collar and pulling me extremely close to his face. 

(M) "PLEASEEEEEEE"

(I) "Mondo, no-"

(M) "PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE"

(I) "No-"

(M) "BUT TAKA LOOK AT THEM"

Mondo grabbed my head and made me stare at the dogs. 

(I) "They are quite adorable, Mondo, but we don't have room in our apartment for one!"

(M) "Yes we do! They can sleep on the bed with us and I know where we can put their food and their toys and their bows-"

(I) "Mondo, our complex doesn't even have grass on the outside."

(M) "I'll take them to the park every morning and afternoon and right before bed!"

(I) "But what if we're not home?"

(M) "I'll ask one of the neighbors!"

I rubbed my eye brows, trying to knock sense into Mondo is hard enough, but when he sees a dog it's practically impossible!

(I) "Mondo, it's a lot of responsibility!"

(M) "I've had dogs in the past! A-And I'm responsible."

Mondo had an unsure tone to his voice finishing that sentence. I sighed again and looked at him.

(I) "...Fine-"

I didn't even get to finish the word I was trying to say before Mondo dragged me into the pet shop! He let go of me as soon as we entered the door and went straight for the dogs. Mondo talked to them in a babyish voice. I walked up to the lady at the cash register.

"Hello sir, How can I help you?"

(I) "Good afternoon, I was wondering how much the puppies in the windows were?"

"Oh, they're actually free, found on the side of the road in a box, real sad y'know?"

The women looked up and noticed Mondo talking with the dogs. She chuckled and looked at me.

"I saw him at the window a couple secs ago, dogs were going nuts!"

(I) "Y-Yeah, He really really likes dogs."

"I can tell, anyways you can go pick out which one ya want, when you're done just come back up and I'll have you sign the papers and all that."

I nodded and gave my thanks. I walked up to Mondo who was already holding a dog. 

(I) "Is that the one you're going to get?"

(M) "Hell yeah! I already got a name for him and everything!"

(I) "Really?"

(M) "Yep, Taka, meet Beans!"

Mondo held the dog up to me and let it lick my face. 

(I) "He's cute."

(M) "Cute? Nah, He's fuckin adorable!"

Mondo let the dog kiss his face and and nip his chin a little bit. I picked some food and a bowl, then we walked up the register lady and signed the papers to adopt him. Mondo wrote down his signature and the lady handed him a small leash and collar. 

"Alright, the pup is all yours!"

(M) "Thanks, Ma'am!"

(I) "Thank you."

Mondo put the collar and leash on the dog and walked out out with him, still holding him. I followed and walked beside him, occasionally petting Beans head.

842 words. First story in a while! It's not that great but eh, could be worse. I hope yall liked it, Bye! <3