Reject my love, Hurt my dreams. (Kinda Angst)

Kiyotaka Ishimaru's POV:

I'm going to do it, today is the day I must confess my true feelings towards Mondo! I have already prepared everything, and even if I do get rejected, I will still stick by Mondo no matter what! I've felt this way for my friend ever since we started hanging out after the sauna challenge. We have been best bros since, but my heart seems to want something more. I didn't realize I was a homosexual until I met Mondo, he was my "Gay awakening", or that is what Hagakure calls it. I was lost in my thoughts, when the bell rang for our last class of the school day. I packed up all my stuff and walked out, scanning the halls for my 6'2 crush. I spotted him and walked towards him.

(I) "Good afternoon, Kyoudai!"

(M) "Oh, wassup bro?"

(I) "I-I was wondering if you could meet me near the big oak tree after school, that is if you don't have detention today!"

(M) "Uh, yeah sure I can! I don't got it today, somehow."

The bell rang. I waved goodbye to Mondo and escaped to my final class, that seemed longer than usual. I've never waited for a class to finish like this one! I felt like every five minutes I was checking the clock, the anxiety inside me deepening. When the lecture finally ended and the bell rang again, I packed my stuff, rather un neatly, and almost ran out of my class, though I did slow down to make sure I wouldn't break any rules. As soon as I was out of the building and away from most people, I took off to the side of the school where the oak tree I told Mondo to meet me at was. When I reached it, I grabbed a note I wrote for him from my backpack. I knew I wouldn't be able to say it well enough to his face, so I believe this confession letter will do me justice! I started reading over it, making sure everything about the note was perfect. It read:

"Dear, Mondo.

It does pain me that I cannot bring myself to say this to you with my own voice, but there is something important I must share with you. I have started to have romantic feelings for you, Mondo. I've felt like this ever since the sauna challenge that turned us into "bros", but I do wish to be more than that. You are one of the only people who has ever cared for me, and the first to grow as close as you did to my heart. I appreciate and love you Mondo. I hope you can return the feelings.

From, Kiyotaka."

It's good enough, I could probably write and edit it more but I don't believe I have the time. I hear footsteps and look up to see Mondo approaching me, looking at his feet while walking.

(I) "Mondo! Make sure to look up when you walk, you don't want to run into something."

(M) "Yeah yeah, anyways, what do ya need to meet me for, bro?"

A blush crept onto my face, but I tried my best to hide it. I slowly handed him the letter.

(I) "O-Oh um, this is for you, Mondo!"

He took the note out of my hands and opened it, though I had no idea what he thought about it since I couldn't see his face. I was terrified to look at him. I hear him cough before he starts speaking:

(M) "You've umm...felt this way for a while?"

(I) "Y-Yes! Quite a while, since the sauna i've had these feelings for you, i've tried to ignore them but I just could not take it anymore!"

Mondo was silent for a bit, having almost no expression on his face.

(M) "I uh, I-I don't like you...in that way, Ishimaru."

I felt something inside me ach, but I was fine! I prepared for this moment!

(I) "T-That is okay, Mondo! I hope we can continue to be friends!"

I went to touch his shoulder, but he grabbed my hand and moved it away, I probably embarrassed him!

(M) "Listen, don't take this the wrong way, but I...I think we should stop talkin for a while."

I felt that something inside me ach more, but this time worse. I felt everything almost break inside me.

(I) "Wha-...What do you mean, Mondo!? Nothing would be awkward between us, these feelings are going to go away eventually! Why can't we be friends still?"

(M) "It's just I-I don't know man! I just...don't wanna be friends with someone like you."

Everything was silent, everything inside hurt. I had clenched my hands so tight, my fingers were digging into my palms, making them bleed.

(I) "M-Mondo please don't stop being my bro just because of this! W-We can just forget this ever even happened!"

I attempted to grab his shoulder once more, but this time he pushed it away rather harshly.

(M) "Would you stop tryna touch me!? I don't wanna be with ya, Ishimaru. I-I don't like you like that! I just, I JUST DON'T WANNA FUCKIN TALK TO YA ANYMORE!"

He tossed me to the ground and I fell against the tree.

(M) "......I'm gonna go."

(I) "M-Mondo, please wait! I don't want to lose you too, MONDO PLEASE!"

I screamed, but he continued to walk away, not even looking back at me. Everything inside ached, I felt so destroyed. I didn't think he was going to accept my confession, but I had no idea he would just leave me completely. When he walked around the corner, I decided to get up and run after him. I can't let my best bro go, I can't! But as soon as I even got close to the corner, I heard his motorcycle enigne roar and drive away, fading into the distance. I slid my back down the school wall and balled my knees to my chest, sobbing into them. Why did he have to leave me like that, why couldn't we have stayed friends? Why did these feelings have to get in my way, why did I have to ruin everything, w-why do I always mess everything up! W-WHY, WHY DID I SAY ANYTHING!? WHY DIDN'T I JUST KEEP MY STUPID F-FUCKING MOUTH SHUT?! WHY DO I SCARE EVERYONE AWAY, WHY CAN'T ANYONE STAY WITH ME!?!
Everything ached, everything hurt. I've never been in so much pain, I didn't even want to stand. I felt my world crash around me, I felt it turn black. And then, it actually did.

That's when I woke up.

1128 Words...