"I didn't know there's still a place like this here," I commented as shut the car door.

"Yeah, like a little secret."

"Well, I sure hope it's not dirty."

His brows furrowed, "Of course, it's not."

"Oh! Uh, I'm just kidding. It's a song, you know? Uh... Dirty Little Secret?"

His eyes crinkled, "Doesn't ring a bell, sorry. But you look adorable when you panic."

"Did you live under a rock? I've never heard of someone who doesn't know DLS. Oh, well," I shrugged. "You learn something new every day."

He chuckled, coming closer to me, "Come on, let's get inside."

A bell rang as he opened the door, like those old-timey pubs I saw in the movies.

"Hi, welcome to Buona Sera. For two?"

"Yes, for two," Dean replied with a smile.

The waitress's brows turned up upon hearing his voice and her eyes traveled down then back up, shamelessly checking him out.

"Great, we have plenty of seats for two, as you can see. Do you want to be in the middle, by the window, on the corner, or near the heaters?" her eyes were bright.

I chuckled, "That means anywhere we want to."

"Yeah. You can sit wherever you like."

I scanned the room, "Okay, well," then my eyes landed on the seat by the window, overlooking the backyard trees. "There. By the window."

"Great. Follow me."

"Nice choice," Dean whispered as we follow her.

"Here's the menu. Feel free to take your time, just call me when you're ready."

"Will do." Dean nodded with a smile and she went to the counter.

I raised the menu to cover my face, "Did she just check you out?"

He smiled, "No need to be jealous."

I squinted to signify that I wasn't jealous.

He chuckled, "I'm used to it."

I dropped the menu on the table dramatically, "Used to it?"

He laughed.

"Oh, my, my, my," I shook my head teasingly, looking out the window.

He continued laughing.

"Deanie darling! I knew I'd recognize that laugh anywhere." A middle-aged lady approached us.

Dean stopped laughing as she saw the lady, "Auntie Lorrie." He stood immediately.

Ah, so this is the infamous aunt.

He cleared his throat, "How are you? I haven't seen you since the party."

"Oh, I'm alright, boy." Her gaze landed at me, "And who is this?"

I stood and smiled, albeit uncomfortably.

"Auntie Lorrie, this is Lauren. Lauren, my aunt. Auntie Lorrie's my dad's sister."

"The most fabulous one, might I add."

I caught myself grinning because she really is pretty fabulous in her burgundy silk shirt and Chanel classic flap.

"Auntie, you are dad's only sibling."

"Hmpf, be that as it may, I just want Lauren to know," she looked at me, smiling from ear to ear.