Chapter 8~ Telling Ron

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were sitting in the common room... with 'Scabbers'.

Harry and Hermione had been trying for nearly a week to get Ron alone without Petigrew in the room, but Ron wouldn't let 'Scabbers' out of his sight. All the while, Sirius was staying in Lupin's office, safely hidden, waiting until Harry and Hermione managed to bring Petigrew to them.

"Hey, Ron?" Harry started. "Can Hermione and I talk to you."

"Yeah sure." said Ron, unconcerned. He was playing wizard chess with Dean... Petigrew on his lap.

"No, Ron. We need to talk to you in private." said Hermione.

"Ok than." said Ron. He got up, picked up 'Scabbers', and started walking towards the portrait hole.

"Do something." Harry whispered in Hermione's ear.

"Ummm, Ron... perhaps Scabbers should stay here. You know, because he's sick." said Hermione.

"No, it's fine. He could use some fresh air." said Ron, continuing to walk towards the portrait hole. Harry and Hermione followed.

"Lets go down to Lupin's office. I'm sure he's not there." said Hermione.

"Ok." said Ron.

"Now what do we do?" Harry whispered to Hermione.

"Change of plans." Hermione whispered back. "Instead of telling him and then taking Petigrew to Remus and Sirius, we'll take Petigrew down there now and then tell him about Sirius, then tell him about 'Scabbers'."

"Are you sure?" asked Harry.

"Positive." said Hermione.

They arrived down to Remus' office and they could hear him talking to Sirius. Luckily Ron had no idea who he was talking to.

"Erm... Hermione? I think Lupin really is here after all. Lets go." said Ron, turning around to leave. Hermione grabbed his arm.

"None sense." she knocked on the door.

The voices were hushed immediately and they heard someone run around the office and a door slam.

"What was that about?" asked Ron.

Harry and Hermione looked at each other, knowing that they were most likely hiding Sirius.

"Come in." Remus' voice saved them from having to answer Ron.

They entered to find a flustered Remus.

"Oh, Harry, Hermione, it's you." said Remus. He hadn't seen Ron.

"Yes and Ron. By the way I think you meant James." said Hermione, before Remus said anything else.

"Oh, right, sorry. Ron, I didn't see you there. Now, to what do I owe the pleasure?" asked Remus.

Petigrew had obviously just realized what was going on, as he began struggling to get out of Ron's grip.

Harry grabbed 'Scabbers' from Ron as Hermione shut the door and locked it. Ron had a very confused expression on his face.

"We've got him." stated Hermione.

"Excellent." said Remus, taking Petigrew from Harry, making him struggle even more.

"What's going on?" asked Ron. They ignored him.

"You can come out, now, Sirius." said Remus.

Sirius walked out of a broom cupboard.

"Finally." he said under his breath.

"WHAT'S GOING ON!!!" yelled Ron, getting annoyed of being ignored and scared of Sirius. "And why the bloody hell is Sirius Black standing there with no one calling the Ministry. He killed Harry Potter!"

"No, Ron, Sirius didn't kill m- Harry Potter." said Harry.

"You didn't tell him?" asked Remus.

"Unfortunately, there was a change in our plans." said Hermione.

Harry explained why they hadn't told Ron yet.

"In that case, tell him." said Sirius, never taking his eyes off Petigrew. Remus hit Petigrew with a 'Petrificus Totalus".

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" shouted Ron.

"SHUT UP AND LISTEN!!!" Harry shouted.

Ron went quiet.

"This," said Harry, pointing at Petigrew "is not a rat, Ron. It's a man. A filthy excuse for a man, if you ask me. Anyway, he's an animagus. Known as Peter Petigrew."

Ron considered.

"No. No, Peter Petigrew is dead. He killed him." said Ron, pointing at Sirius. Harry started getting annoyed.

"No, Ron. Sirius never killed anyone." said Harry. "When Harry Potter's parents were betrayed, everyone thought he was the traitor, but it was Petigrew. He faked his death. Take a look at this rat, Ron. Missing toe. All they found of Petigrew was a finger. Petigrew posed as a rat for twelve years. As for Sirius, he took m- Harry away and grew him up in a cave. Harry Potter is still alive. And he goes to this school."

"Where's the proof?" asked Ron.

Harry turned to Sirius. He looked in his eyes and let him know that he could remove the concealment charm. Sirius raised his wand and pointed it at Harry's forehead.

"Leave James alone." said Ron.

Harry turned to Ron and gave him a reassuring look. He turned back to Sirius and let him perform the spell to show his scar.

Harry turned around and looked at Ron. Ron looked at Harry's forehead and saw the scar. He gasped and gaped.

"S-so, that- that- thing is Peter Petigrew." said Ron.

"Yes." said Harry.

"And- and you're Harry Potter?"

"Yes."

"And Sirius Black is innocent."

"Yes."

"What else should I know?" asked Ron.

Harry explained everything. From the reason why he kept his identity a secret, to how Hermione found out. But he didn't tell him about being an animagus. That was something he could only trust Hermione with.

"But you can't tell anyone until Sirius' name is cleared." said Harry.

"I swear to Merlin I won't tell anyone." said Ron, holding up his hand.

"In that case, lets get him to the Ministry before I do something I regret." said Sirius.

"Only Harry will come, and Sirius, you should stay here too. We'll ask the Ministry what they think will happen to you before we expose you." said Remus.

"Ok, fine." said Sirius "But I want to be there when they escort him to Azkaban."

"Fine." said Remus. "Can the two of you keep an eye on him while Harry and I are gone?" asked Remus.

"Sure." said Hermione.

"Shall we side-along-apparate?" Remus asked Harry.

"Yeah. I'm used to it." said Harry.

Remus walked with Harry, who held an immobile rat, to Hogsmeade, being told by Hermione that they can't apparate in and out of Hogwarts. He grabbed Harry's shoulder and disapparated.

€£¥

So did you like it? Please let me know if you did. Thank you to my readers, and I can't wait to publish the next chappie for you guys. Have a nice day. Thx for reading <3

Love from
~Kk🐯