Chapter 5~ Animagus Lessons

*HALLOWE'EN NIGHT*

It was the anniversary. The anniversary of Harry's parents' death. The anniversary of the night Sirius took Harry and disappeared with him. The anniversary of the night Harry's life changed forever.

Harry didn't want to attend the Hallowe'en feast. He wanted to be alone. He wanted to think and be grateful for the amazing life his godfather was able to supply for him, despite not having parents and living in a cave or a run down shack.

Harry wanted to visit Sirius as well. He wasn't about to forget about him. He had already spent hours outside, today, looking out at the lake. He would go visit Sirius.

Harry went up to Gryffindor Tower, grabbed his Invisibility Cloak, and headed back outside, towards the Whomping Willow. For a second, he was going to tell Ron and Hermione where he was going, but that would be disastrous. They could not know. If they asked him where he was later, he would say he was in the library. If that's believable.

Harry made sure no one was looking when he prodded the knot at the bottom of the Willow to immobilize it.

He through the Cloak back over himself and made his way into the secret passage. He walked for nearly an hour before he finally made it to the Shrieking Shack. He cautiously walked through the creaky building, looking for his godfather.

"Padfoot? Padfoot. Padfoot!" Where was he?

Harry went up to his room and looked around. When he saw the room was empty, he turned around to leave, only to find his godfather jump out from behind the door screaming to scare him.

It worked. Harry screamed so loud they heard people down at the village of Hogsmeade scream in response, thinking he was a ghost or something.

Sirius laughed, and laughed, and laughed. He truly was still a child at heart.

"Okay-okay that's enough. I get it! It was funny!" Harry said to shut Sirius up.

"Oh- I'm sorry, Prongslet. that was just so funny!" more laughs.

When Sirius was finally done, he sat on the bed, patting the place next to him indicating that Harry should sit too. He obeyed.

"What's up, kiddo?" asked Sirius.

"I thought I'd come visit you since... you know, it's Hallowe'en." said Harry, sheepishly.

"Yeah, I figured you might come." said Sirius, looking a little more grave than before. But he was happy to see Harry nonetheless.

"So. What do you want to do on this fine night?" asked Sirius.

"Can we work on me becoming an animagus?" asked Harry, hopefully.

"You're really set on succeeding, aren't you?" Harry nodded "Well, then, in that case I can't really deny you, can I?"

"Nope." said Harry happily.

*THREE HOURS LATER*

"Remember, Prongslet, all you have to do is concentrate. When you've done it once, it will, from then on, be a skill you can do whenever you want. You only need to do this once and then you'll be able to do it on command. Concentrate." Sirius kept giving Harry words of encouragement.

Harry tried, and tried, and failed, and failed. But he wasn't ready to give up yet. He's come so far.

Suddenly, he felt a weird sensation go through his body and a yell of delight escape his godfather's mouth.

He was all to soon aware that he had taken the shape of a beautiful stag. A stag. He was a stag. Just like his father. He changed back into his human self to see his misty eyed godfather come in for a suffocating hug.

Harry had never seen Sirius like this. He was so happy but so sad at the same time. Harry was truly James' son. And Sirius was so proud of him. He was an animagus.

"Harry. I'm so proud of you." said Sirius "But, remember, no one can know about this. This stays between me and you. You know this is illegal, and you could go to Azkaban for it. Understand? No one finds out."

"You mean like how James Piro doesn't exist?" asked Harry.

"Exactly." said Sirius "Now, you've been here for a long time. You should head back."

"Okay." Harry agreed, and unwillingly made his way back towards Hogwarts.

€£¥

Sorry it was kinda short. I just thought I'd make a cute chapter where Harry makes Sirius proud somehow. I also thought animagus lessons would be a good substitute for patronus lessons with Remus. Don't worry though. I know how I'm going to incorporate Remus in the story more late ;) For now, thx for reading <3

Love from
~Kk🐯