twenty-four.

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

❤︎

y/n - your name
w/n - weapon's name
c/n - courtesy name

❤︎

some time ago, during lan y/n's first kidnapping

JINJIU RAN AS FAST AS HE COULD, AS THE TWINS, SHANG YIU AND SHIN MEI FOLLOWED BEHIND HIM CARRYING THE TWO YOUNGER CHILDREN AS THEY WEAVED THROUGH THE DARK AND THICK FOREST.

the robes they wore were torn up in some places, and dirt covered their faces, but they ignored all of that as they continued running. they couldn't stop. if they did, the pursuing wens would catch them, and knowing those merciless, bloodthirsty fucks, they would kill them.

he couldn't even summon any resentful energy, because right now, all he wanted to do was run away someplace safe with his siblings. all of a sudden, a sudden scream cut off his train of thought. he skidded to a halt and saw shin mei, on the ground, her body shielding her weeping younger sister. she grunted, trying to get up. "come on, hurry! i heard something this way!" the wens were getting closer. "come on meimei, get up." jinjiu dropped to his knees, trying to help the girl get back on her feet.

she tried standing, but she only hissed in pain. "oh no, please, not now." shang yiu whisper-yelled in panic. jinjiu aggressively shushed him. "calm down, a-yiu!" jinjiu crouched down to check shin mei's foot. "it's just a sprain, don't worry." jinjiu reassured the brother. "but she won't be able to run like this." jinjiu looked around, searching for a place they could hide in. his eyes landed on a very faint, far-away light, along with a rising pillar of smoke that was coming out of a chimney. his eyes lit up in relief. "over there." he pointed to the light. "there are lights over there! bring meimei there, maybe someone could help her." he quickly ripped out a strip of cloth from his robes.

"i'll draw the wens away, a-yiu, you'll have to carry her." jinjiu said, wrapping the cloth around shin mei's foot. "jinjiu, you can't! gege always said that we should stick together." shin mei said, grabbing jinjiu's hand and stopping him from wrapping the cloth on her foot. shang yiu knelt down and placed a hand on his shoulder. "come on, we only have each other, we don't leave anyone behind to be... bait." shang yiu said the last word with a face of disgust. jinjiu placed his hand over shang yiu's and offered him a smile.